Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Video doesn't play, but audio does

New Poster

Video doesn't play, but audio does

The videos do not play, but I am still able to hear the audio. There is no error message shown. If I refresh, the same thing happens. The advertisements are the same, only audio. 

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Video doesn't play, but audio does

koritarov wrote:

The videos do not play, but I am still able to hear the audio. There is no error message shown. If I refresh, the same thing happens. The advertisements are the same, only audio. 

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

there is no error message shown. The audio plays but the video player does not show. It appears as a blank screen. Advertisement videos also do not show, but advertisements on the right of where the video player would be still show. 

New Poster

this is the information

My Device Information My Zip Code: 60563 My Cable Provider: Recommended By Comcast My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 155.41.230.37 My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Safari 5 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_8) AppleWebKit/534.50.2 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/5.0.6 Safari/533.22.3 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: 071701000001 My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.1 R102 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (3028 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Wed Nov 14 2012 14:26:30 GMT-0500 (EST) Server Clock Time: Wed Nov 14 2012 14:26:30 GMT-0500 (EST)

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Bi, Bj, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, Aw, Ar, Cg, Au, Bv, B, U, C, Br, Bt, H, Ad, Bw, Bh, Ci, A, Y, Bx, Bb, Bc, Bu, By, Bs, At, Cb, Ch, Bz, Bm, Bl, Bp, Bo, Cc, F, M, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True the link to a video: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Private-Practice/7114676299077086112/2304506162/The-Next-Episode/...
Official Employee

koritarov wrote:

this is the information

My Device Information My Zip Code: 60563 My Cable Provider: Recommended By Comcast My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 155.41.230.37 My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Safari 5 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_8) AppleWebKit/534.50.2 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/5.0.6 Safari/533.22.3 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: 071701000001 My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.1 R102 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (3028 Bytes) True the link to a video: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Private-Practice/7114676299077086112/2304506162/The-Next-Episode/...

Do you have any anti-virus software/ad blocking software or plug-ins installed to your computer or web browser?

Also, please try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I don't have anti-virus or pop-up blockers installed. It appears to work on Mozilla Firefox, but not Safari

New Poster

Although, on Firefox, the video does not show the control bar at the bottom with pause/play, the location in the video, or video size options. 

Official Employee

koritarov wrote:

I don't have anti-virus or pop-up blockers installed. It appears to work on Mozilla Firefox, but not Safari

The issue lies somewhere in Safari.

Try completely uninstalling Safari from your computer and then try installing it again. Now try watching a video and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation