Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Video currently unavailable

Regular Visitor

Video currently unavailable

This video is currently unavailable. Sorry Cristella is currently unavailable. 0000, Every show I try to watch this appears.

Regular Contributor

Re: Video currently unavailable

There may be some kind of problem with the streaming server covering your area; next best bet is to go directly to the networks own site and watch from there. Not ideal but at least you'll be able to watch your shows.

- Norm

Frequent Visitor

Norm I have this same issue and reported it to Comcast. What do you mean go directly to the "site" to watch the news?  If omcast.net is your ISP that is what you have to go through. That is the backbone of what you have to route through.  I have the exact same issue and have been having it for weeks.. No matter if I access video's on comcast.net, cbs.com, msnbc.....i get the same message on every news site. I can't watch anything - but what's very odd is the commercials all come through fine.

Thsi is a known problem with Comcast. If you review the files and or go out to google and type in "Comcast & This video is curently not avialable."  You will get quite a few links to the comcast site.  Apparenlty if I read the strings correctly, you (Comcast) are using an access point starting in 192.xx.xx.......you could be routed to something that will not allow the vidoe's to play.  See all the prior reports about it.  It has to do with Comcast.  I have had multiple people in our tech support look at this issue due to the fact that I need to watch video's for work.  They even rolled me back to IE 9 from IE 10 and then back again. They finally gave up and said it absolutely has to do with your ISP - Comcast.net. 

I have spent hours on it.  It's a comcast issue - please advise specific steps on how we can fix this. 

Regular Contributor

Hi Sullivanmt:

The original poster had mentioned "Cristella" a regular TV sitcom but you seem to be referring to the news. When I said "Go to the networks own site" almost every network i.e. ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, The CW (Chanel 11 here in New Jersey) and also many cable channels like FX, USA, Syfy have a web site where you can watch their shows in most cases the day after airing.

I've never had occasion to want to watch the evening news the next day so I'm not sure if that's available as a show like any other i.e. NCIS, Person of Interest, Arrow, Chicago PD for streaming the next day. At the moment the only network that I'm aware of that has live streaming is ABC which you can watch from here http://abc.go.com/watch-live. But I also see that the CBS news website www.cbsnews.com has a "Watch live" option so at the very least you should be able to watch either ABC or CBS news live if you're having a problem watching it directly from the Xfinity site.

I'm not an offcial Comcast employee, I just help out around here, I can tell you for a fact that I watch every show directly through my computer and not through a cable box / DVR and TV and I've only run into the "This video is currently not available" once or twice in the last year (and it's always been a specific show not every show across the board and it cleared up within a day or so) and if anything my biggest problem / complaint has been with the advertising delivery system and problems with advertisements.

Without looking at your setup it's really hard for me to comment on why you are having this problem, do you have the same issue watching from your own home computer?

- Norm

Frequent Visitor

Hi Norm - Thanks for your feedback but I think you misunderstood. I am not trying to watch TV on my computer.  If for example I go to Comcast.net and click on may link with a "movie reel" next to the title, it doesn't play. These are past news clippings that have been posted to Comcast.net.  Then I went out to google and tried to find the news clipping, through another source whether that's msnbc or cbs and I still get that same black screen that says "Sorry video is currenlty unavialble." 

And yes I get the exact same thing on my home computer. The only time I can view these news clippings is when I use my neighbors ISP (CenturyLinK) or I am in a hotel and use their ISP. So obviously it has to do with how Comcast works or some hardware issue out on the lines.  

-Mary

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation