Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Very annoying “License Issue 3338‘‘ error message!

New Poster

Very annoying “License Issue 3338‘‘ error message!

My wife and I travel and are in places where there is no wifi service. We are trying to stream downloaded content from the Xfinity Stream TV app on my iPhone or iPad to our tv in our camper. I've tried two different adapters and I still get the same License 3338 error message. I have no problem mirroring any other content on my iPad or iPhone, only Xfinity.  I get the same message when I attempt to use Apple TV.  This is problematic for us; we may have to go back to using a DirecTV dish if I can't find a way to view Xfinity content on anything larger than a 4" screen.
Has anyone found a work-around this?

Official Employee

Re: Very annoying “License Issue 3338‘‘ error message!

Shutterman wrote:

My wife and I travel and are in places where there is no wifi service. We are trying to stream downloaded content from the Xfinity Stream TV app on my iPhone or iPad to our tv in our camper. I've tried two different adapters and I still get the same License 3338 error message. I have no problem mirroring any other content on my iPad or iPhone, only Xfinity.  I get the same message when I attempt to use Apple TV.  This is problematic for us; we may have to go back to using a DirecTV dish if I can't find a way to view Xfinity content on anything larger than a 4" screen.
Has anyone found a work-around this?

I'm sorry but due to license restrictions from our programming partners, mirroring your device to an external display is not allowed (e.g., AirPlay, Chromecast, and HDMI cable).

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

When will this issue be resolved? If the same content can be mirrored throught ROKU or similar device, I don't understand why the 'programming partners' only block through Comcast. As well it can also be done through a PC to a projector. Your answer does not make any sense on a number of levels.

New Poster

So a laptop running windows or a mac can connect and mirror the picture to projectors, tvs ect. But an android tv box that has no other display is unable to utilize the stream app?? The Vorke android box that I literally use for every other media streaming service available can't be configured to work with xfinitystream??? Seems odd how every other service provider has no problem with it. Never had and issue with Dish Anywhere.....never had an issue with DirecTV Now....never had an issue with SlingTV......Comcast has got to get with the program........ :-( Very Unhappy!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation