Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

VIdeo stops playing when a commercial loads

New Poster

VIdeo stops playing when a commercial loads

I was watching Style to Rock, episode 2. A little way into the video a commercial tried to play, which instantly locked up the video. I have tried to reload, reinstall flash player, and restart with no effect. I can't tell what video it is because it just freezes up on the first screen (white background, purple logo/icon).

Contributor

Re: VIdeo stops playing when a commercial loads

Hi msmit-

I tried playing Styled to Rock (I'd never watched it before, I fear I could become sucked into that one if I let myself!).  All the ads played for me, but I did see a white/purple ad -- was this the one you saw?

Also, which browser were you using? can you try another one?  I was using Firefox 25.0.1 on my mac.

Thanks

- Jessica

BigBrotherBigSisterAd.jpg
New Poster

Thanks for getting back to me Jessica. The show is definitely addicting! I just tried to watch the video in Firefox on my Mac and it's still stoping at the first ad - the same one you attached to your post. Any other ideas?

-Michelle

New Poster

OK, now the same problem is happening with Styled to Rock Episode 4. Same commercial and again at the same commercial break. I wasn't able to correct the issue with episode 2 - instead i watched it on TV. 

What can I do to keep this from happening again?

-Michelle

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation