New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Using my Tablet and Xfinity. It's all new to me! ":-(

ANSWERED
Contributor

Using my Tablet and Xfinity. It's all new to me! ":-(

Well I am a new Comcast customer after 7 years of Verizon DSL with XP. I now have Comcast with a Windows 8 pc. I know little to anything about this and it's kinda frustrating.

I was told I'd be able to use my Xoom Tablet and watch Xfinity TV live and movies. If so, what app do I need and what package with Comcast. I thought the way they talk in all the hype any comcast member can watch TV and movies on their Xfinity App

I downloaded 2 and deleted them becuase they seem to be for controlling the TV. Even at that is said it found "no" compatible Comcast devices or boxes. ???  What am I using with this service if the boxes are not compatible. One is the cheapo DTA but the other is a device with premium channesl and such> I am just interested now in getting the Comcast channels on my Xoom to play.

I would be so grateful for any help!  Thanks!  jack  ":-D 

Accepted Solution

Re: Using my Tablet and Xfinity. It's all new to me! ":-(

Most of the viewing on the tablets are "on demand" type programming and is viewed with the Xfinity TV player app.

There are a handful of live tv streaming available on a normal pc browser, including CNN, Espn channels, Disney Channels and few more.

Live TV watching in the home needs the AnyPlay device and it's $10 a month fee.  It has one tuner, so one tablet can watch live TV at a time.  AnyPlay is not available to everyone, check with Comcast if it's available to you.  More info here.

View answer in context
Contributor

I think this was answer here on this forum. Sounds like I have to have some extra device to watch tv. If all I can get is pay movies then I am not interested in how to get them on the Xoom. But when it's pitched to you the sales people make it sound like, Sure', you'll be able to watch movies and tv on your tablet and phone. They just don't mention it's extra or you need a device. To me that's as bad as a lie. They know what they are doing when they "forget" to state that. ":-\  Jack  ( I suppose this is anwered for me? )

Contributor

Cable Expert

Most of the viewing on the tablets are "on demand" type programming and is viewed with the Xfinity TV player app.

There are a handful of live tv streaming available on a normal pc browser, including CNN, Espn channels, Disney Channels and few more.

Live TV watching in the home needs the AnyPlay device and it's $10 a month fee.  It has one tuner, so one tablet can watch live TV at a time.  AnyPlay is not available to everyone, check with Comcast if it's available to you.  More info here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Thank you sir! I believe I understand better now and appreciate the help! jack  ":-D

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 in conversation