Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Using a MAC for On Demand viewing

New Poster

Using a MAC for On Demand viewing

Can I view on demand programing on a MAC. I keep getting the message to download Silverlight which I did, but still same error message.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Using a MAC for On Demand viewing

you can use a mac to view shows from the xfinity tv web site yes.  you need to sign into the site with the primary account holders credentials and have the current version of silverlight and flash installed and watch only things you subscribe to.

Official Employee

bobbydot wrote:

Can I view on demand programing on a MAC. I keep getting the message to download Silverlight which I did, but still same error message.

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer and then download it again from here. Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Working now, thanks, Joe!

On an other note..

Last week end I was at someones house and was using their PC to access my E-mail. I was unable to do that ,I kept getting the message,"Not connected to the internet". I got that message only when trying to open my mail or retreive voice mail messages. ( I could get into my Comcast account ) The same problem getting my wife`s messages. This computer was connected with an ethernet cord. When we tried to reteive our messages from a different PC using the same household network WiFi, no problem.

The person that lives in the house had no problem reteiving their messages using using the PC with the ethernet connection.

Any ideas?

New Poster

Having the same problem here. uninstalled and reinstalled silverlight several times from xfinity on demand link as well as the link you posted but still being prompted to upgrade my version of silverlight.

New Poster

Never mind. Seems to be working now. thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation