Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Using PC Listing on the website to control my tv. Cannot change the tv it controls

New Poster

Using PC Listing on the website to control my tv. Cannot change the tv it controls

I am using the listing on the website to select station I want to watch. I selected the wrong TV when I set it up for the  firs time today and now it only controls the TV downstairs and I cannot figure out even after an hour with support chat and an hour of my own time prior to that.

Does ANYONE know how to change what TV is controlled from the listing page.... You would think there was a button but... NO that would be too logical. 

Any ideas?

Problem Solver

Re: Using PC Listing on the website to control my tv. Cannot change the tv it controls

Hello jfcal208,

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Go to xfinity.com/remotes and follow the instructions to re-program your remote to the TV. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: Using PC Listing on the website to control my tv. Cannot change the tv it controls

If you are talking about this screen,

TV Guide.jpg

then click the cable box name in the lower right corner.  I only have one box now, but previously clicking the name would bring up a popup to allow you to switch to one of your other cable boxes.  If that doesn't work, you can click the gear icon next to the name to bring up the "Settings" page. Then click the "MANAGE CABLE BOXES & DVRS" box (or this link), and set the radio button next to the box you want to make default, and save the settings.  Hope this works for you.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation