Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Using Android Box as computer

New Poster

Using Android Box as computer

Why do I get the error "..because of security protocols..." you can't view this video. I am on my network in my house, why does it matter what kind of device I am using? I am so fed up with comcast, they just don't know. A few more months for AT&T fiber to be available...then I won't have to deal with the over priced - problematic xfinity. 

We should not have to accept limitations like this from Xfinity. It needs to be resolved quickly.

Service Expert

Re: Using Android Box as computer

techmanrod wrote:

Why do I get the error "..because of security protocols..." you can't view this video. I am on my network in my house, why does it matter what kind of device I am using? I am so fed up with comcast, they just don't know. A few more months for AT&T fiber to be available...then I won't have to deal with the over priced - problematic xfinity. 

We should not have to accept limitations like this from Xfinity. It needs to be resolved quickly.

I have all my Xfinity apps installed on my Galaxy Tab A and they work just fine.

What are you using?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Using Android Box as computer

techmanrod wrote:

The Android and iOS apps do not allow output to external displays because of programmer (TV networks) contractual restrictions related to DRM (Digital Rights Management). On a PC or Mac you can visit https://tv.xfinity.com which will allow external monitors to be connected.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation