Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

User Accounts

Contributor

User Accounts

I do not have cable at home. But I got a Comcast guy to come out and set up my dad in his new home with enhanced cable and internet. The Comcast guy asked for an email address--I gave him mine, because we don't know how frequently my dad will be checking his emails. I then gave him my dad's email as well. When finished, the Comcast guy told me I could have a user account, using my dad's account, and I could see various cable stations on my computer. I really don't know much about cable--how exactly can this work? I'm in a different location than my dad. What is the procedure to get a user account under his name? Thank you. Marilyn

Contributor

User Accounts

I do not have cable at home. But I got a Comcast guy to come out and set up my dad in his new home with enhanced cable and internet. The Comcast guy asked for an email address--I gave him mine, because we don't know how frequently my dad (age 93) will be checking his emails. I then gave him my dad's email as well. When finished, the Comcast guy told me I could have a user account, using my dad's account, and I could see various cable stations on my computer. I really don't know much about cable (never had it in my life, and I'm 64)--how exactly can this work? I'm in a different location than my dad. What is the procedure to get a user account under his name? Thank you. Marilyn

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation