Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Upset About X1 Limitations

New Poster

Upset About X1 Limitations

When I signed up for X1 adding to my comcast account, I was under the impression I could watch TV and X1 on my home TVs and my laptop computer. Well, I can but just learned that I cannot watch live TV and On Demand movies or shows when I go down the street and use a different modum.  This past weekend, my wife and I went to Orcas Island just a few miles from my home in Anacortes, and I can't watch TV programs or On Demand movies....just because I am using a hotel modum.  This is a total disappointment and bothers me a lot.  Please change this policy, since I travel a lot and would like to watch Mariner sports and programs I watch at home.  This ticks me off.  

Service Expert

Re: Upset About X1 Limitations

RobertDussault wrote:

When I signed up for X1 adding to my comcast account, I was under the impression I could watch TV and X1 on my home TVs and my laptop computer. Well, I can but just learned that I cannot watch live TV and On Demand movies or shows when I go down the street and use a different modum.  This past weekend, my wife and I went to Orcas Island just a few miles from my home in Anacortes, and I can't watch TV programs or On Demand movies....just because I am using a hotel modum.  This is a total disappointment and bothers me a lot.  Please change this policy, since I travel a lot and would like to watch Mariner sports and programs I watch at home.  This ticks me off.  

to narrow down the issue, does a smart device (phone/tablet running iOS or android) using the Xfinity Stream TV app enable you to watch on-demand that is available out of the home and live TV on the TVgo Streaming sources work for you? Do they work on the desk/lap top? The stream app has filter settings to see 'only' those streams that are available outside of the home (but still in USA).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Upset About X1 Limitations

RobertDussault wrote:

There are over 200 live TV channels and up to 40,000 On Demand choices which you can watch anywhere in the United States. Please select the "Available out of home" filter in Live TV or On Demand to see just those choices.

When in your home and connected to your XFINITY network, the streams are delivered over the Comcast managed network, not the Internet. This allows us to offer your full channel lineup in-home.  To make content available out of home, we need to have "TV Everywhere" rights from the studios/networks which own the content. These rights are not always available - particularly with regional sports programming.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation