Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Update your services

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 11

I tried to access ESPN SEC Channel and got the message "Free with subscription" add this channel to your lineup.  go to xfinity.com, My Account and "update" services.  It doesn't say "upgrade".  Is it included in my current package and if so where the heck is the "update services" button?  I have Digital Starter with the Sports Entertainment Package. 

10 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 2 of 11

Tried to watch a tv show...says " To watch this program, you'll need to add it to your lineup. Please go to xfinity.com and select My Account to update your services."  So....what do you do next?? There isn't an "update your services" button!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 3 of 11

mcaruth,

I am sorry for any inconvenience this issue has caused you. You may be getting that message due to the channel no longer being in your channel line up. You could of lost the channel when you downgraded your services in January. What is the channel you were trying to watch and I can see if I can assist you in updating your services? If you have any question feel free to reach out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 11

I am paying for every single channel, but getting the message "Included with subscription ... go to xfinity.com and select My Account to update your services."   Again, this is included already, but I cannot access what I am paying for.  Do not tell me (as other responders have) to upgrade.  I've already done that, and have been billed accordingly.  Tell me how to actually watch what I am paying for.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 5 of 11

We've had the same message and assumed it was a simple step to get the channel Comcast said was included with our subscription, only to discover that it wasn't actually that simple and then this thread for folks with the same problem.  Anyone aware of Comcast solving the problem or is this a tacky upsell trick? 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 6 of 11

Same thing happened to me.  All you have to do is reboot your cable box, either do it yourself or call

comcast and they will do it over the telephone.  Problem solved.  

Posted by
New Poster

Message 7 of 11

Have same problem, message says included with subscription, go to my account to add channel by updating your service. No such link/button exists on entire website.  Waited on chat for over 3 hours.  Called customer service- first CSR hung up.  Second CSR said wording is not good.  Need to upgrade to add channel to my lineup.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 8 of 11

Is the only way to fix this problem to call Comcast or post in the forums? Is there actually a way to "update services" as the message sugest or is it just wild goose chase?

To watch this program, you'll need to add it to your lineup. Please go to xfinity.com and select My Account to update your services comes on on two or three channels for me, CMT was the most recent

Posted by
New Poster
Message 9 of 11

{ { { { REBOOT YOUR CABLE BOX - IT WORKS!! } } }

Posted by
New Poster

Message 10 of 11
How do I update my services
Posted by
New Poster

Message 11 of 11
Can't get some channels says to update... How???