Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Update Video Player

Regular Visitor

Update Video Player

I'm not stupid when it comes to computers, however, I cannot get the TV on Comcast to work where I can watch TV on my computer. 

It tells me to Update Video Player, I can't find where to do this anywhere.   Anyone Know?

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Update Video Player

I'm not stupid either and I encounter the same issue - why post a page saying I have to install new software and fail to provide a link or instructions for doing so? I read about 80 pages of stuff under Support and found no answers their either.

Call me irritated!!!

Regular Visitor

I have been looking for the link for DAYS, I'm definitely irritated, LOL

Official Employee

rarinkaren

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

My Device Information My Zip Code: 30052 My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 67.191.164.17 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; NP06; Tablet PC 2.0; BOIE9;ENUSMSE) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2609 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Nov 22 10:02:15 EST 2012 Server Clock Time: Thu Nov 22 10:02:15 EST 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, br, bt, cm, h, ad, bw, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, bz, bm, bl, bk, bp, bo, cc, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
New Poster

I am having the same problem. I think it is a problem with MS SIlverlight. Try using the 32-bit IE instead of the 64-bit. It might ask to update Silverlight but after you updat Silverlight THROUGH IE 9 32-bit, it seems to work fine. I have posted this problem in the Silverlight support forum at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/silverlightbugs/thread/d8a333a4-fa28-4fdf-b193-a148f7a.... I think we might get more help from them then Comcast.

New Poster

To all, like me, who were looking for link to "Upgrade Your Xfinity Player" -- I received this reply from Tech support:

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer. Then download and install Silverlight from the link below:

Windows users

This is a patched version that fixes most video playback issues and gets you out of the "Please install/upgrade Silverlight" loop.

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again.

---I've done this and it usually works - but I have to do it EVERY TIME I want to watch a show.  Not a good solution. To be fair -- it is a Microsoft Silverlight failure -- not Xfinity's fault. -- signed customer Beavis09