Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unsubscribe to threads

Contributor

Unsubscribe to threads

I would like to stop receiving e-mails every time anyone replies to this thread.  I've seen enough, and I'm getting multiple e-mails every time there is a new post.

I unchecked "Email me when someone replies" and I've changed my preferences in settings to uncheck it, but I keep getting the e-mails for every post.

Can you tell me how to make them stop?  Thanks very much!

Regular Visitor

Re: DVR Manager unable to sync

Please tell me how I unfollow this thread.  When I use the the "don't want to receive emails from us?" instructions that come with the notifcations regarding this forum, the instructions let me know that if I click on the confirmation to stop receiving them, that Comcast won't send me any emails AT ALL.  I need to get emails from Comcast as far as my monthly statements.  Please tell me how to unsubscrbe to this thread only.  Thank you.

Official Employee

Re: new home page

jean1145 wrote:

I would like to stop receiving e-mails every time anyone replies to this thread.  I've seen enough, and I'm getting multiple e-mails every time there is a new post.

I unchecked "Email me when someone replies" and I've changed my preferences in settings to uncheck it, but I keep getting the e-mails for every post.

Go to where it says Topic Options at the top of the page and select Unsubscribe.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Re: 9/19/12: new home page feedback

Is there ANY way to stop being emailed each & every time someone posts??

I'd like to just not receive ANY more emails from this topic (it's just going no where anyhow)??

Apparently they are NOT going to change the homepage, so I'd rather not receive any more emails about it while I check out the other sites.

PLEASE COMCASTJOE or WHOEVER....STOP THESE EMAILS!!!!

THANK YOU

Regular Visitor

ComcastJoe wrote:

jean1145 wrote:

Go to where it says Topic Options at the top of the page and select Unsubscribe.

Thanks,
Joe

ComcastJoe,  your advice does not work.  There is no Unsubscribe option showing for me, most likely because I unsubscribd from this topic when I first started getting SPAMMED with emails every time someone posted a reply. There is a Subscribe option so it looks like Comcast's webteam not only cannot make a presentable Home Page but they cannot even code an Option setting correctly. I have made a filter in my email setting to throw all those SPAM messages into spam.

Contributor

COMCASTJOE:  I see I'm not the first one here to tell you that does NOT work!

All I get when I click on "TOPIC OPTIONS" IS......"Subscribe to RSS feed-clickable, Mark topic as new-unclickable, Mark topic as read-unclickable, Float this topic to the top-unclickable, Bookmark-unclickable, Subscribe-unclickable, Printer Friendly Page-clickable"

There Is NO "UNSUBSCRIBE" there to click on....so let's try this again shall we, How can I stop from receiving these emails everytime someone posts on this topic?????

ComcastJoe wrote:

jean1145 wrote:

Thanks,
Joe

Frequent Visitor

I also have tried to unsubscribe so that I do not receive every response to the forum I posted on here.  Since there is no option to do so, as Comcast "Joe" suggested in a reply to a poster, someone with more knowledge of this new and utterly useless system needs to provide the correct way in which to stop receiving e-mails to our e-mail accounts.  Clearly it is irritating customers who have asked for information for something that should be a simple process, to unsubscribe, and yet the "professional" has not gotten the information properly communicated to us. 

Perhaps there is someone there that could look at the actual site as we see it and provide an option that is actually listed there to unsubscribe.  I have checked the box to have no one reply to me and yet they still keep e-mailing me the responses.  Clear this matter up, please.

Official Employee

Hi all,

Please try this:

1. Log on to Comcast Help and Support Forums.
  2. Click My Settings.
  3. Click the Subscriptions & Bookmarks tab.
  4. Then click E-Mail Subscriptions and remove the threads that you want.

Let me know the results.

Sorry,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Re: Unsubscribe to threads

COMCASTJOE:  Tried your little suggestion above-Did Not Work! Finally had to get in touch with comcast itself who described a different way than you. Seemed to work-YES I Said SEEMED to work-When I turned on my Computer this morning there they were...more emails from people posting on that topic AND they just keep coming!

Instead of changing perfectly fine homepages, maybe Comcast should Focus on Problems they have within their Support Site & their overall ability to correct problems.

Official Employee

Re: Unsubscribe to threads

PattiT wrote:

COMCASTJOE:  Tried your little suggestion above-Did Not Work! Finally had to get in touch with comcast itself who described a different way than you. Seemed to work-YES I Said SEEMED to work-When I turned on my Computer this morning there they were...more emails from people posting on that topic AND they just keep coming!

Instead of changing perfectly fine homepages, maybe Comcast should Focus on Problems they have within their Support Site & their overall ability to correct problems.

Make sure your settings are matched with these:

unsub.png

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.