Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unable to watch videos on Xfinity tv online, multiple errors, multiple browsers

New Poster

Unable to watch videos on Xfinity tv online, multiple errors, multiple browsers

I get Error 573 using IE (I have verified I am using the 32 bit version), I attempted multiple links for movies, the last one is -

xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/Edison%2C-the-Man/97811/2254970805/Edison%2C-The-Man/videos

I get "Please install the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video" on Firefox trying link -

xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/The-Help/157308/2251389375/The-Help/videos

Google Chrome gives me the same Error 573, the last link I tried is -

xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/Open-Season-3/159191/2251571369/Open-Season-3/videos

I have Norton 360 security software. I have tried disabling the firewall completely, then deleted both Adobe Flash Player & Microsoft Silverlight, then reopened the web browsers. I have tried rebooting my computer completely. Per the link that is provided for posting in the forum it states that I do not have Flash Player nor My Move Player, but I have confirmed their existence in installed programs via my control panel. I'm at a loss as to what else to try so if someone could help me please?

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.129.43.220 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; HPNTDF; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: Not Installed Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Unable to watch videos on Xfinity tv online, multiple errors, multiple browsers

I've also since ensured that all the browsers cache is cleared, tried running CCleaner to no avail, & safe mode with networking is the same issue. 

Official Employee

Re: Unable to watch videos on Xfinity tv online, multiple errors, multiple browsers

eg59 wrote:

I get Error 573 using IE (I have verified I am using the 32 bit version), I attempted multiple links for movies, the last one is -

xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/Edison%2C-the-Man/97811/2254970805/Edison%2C-The-Man/videos

I get "Please install the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video" on Firefox trying link -

xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/The-Help/157308/2251389375/The-Help/videos

Google Chrome gives me the same Error 573, the last link I tried is -

xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/Open-Season-3/159191/2251571369/Open-Season-3/videos

I have Norton 360 security software. I have tried disabling the firewall completely, then deleted both Adobe Flash Player & Microsoft Silverlight, then reopened the web browsers. I have tried rebooting my computer completely. Per the link that is provided for posting in the forum it states that I do not have Flash Player nor My Move Player, but I have confirmed their existence in installed programs via my control panel. I'm at a loss as to what else to try so if someone could help me please?

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.129.43.220 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; HPNTDF; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: Not Installed Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information

Please go here to download and install PlayReady PC Runtime v1.3 and then please try watching a video again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I have the same problem. I trie your solution, but it didn't work. Now what do I do?

Official Employee

Cyn505 wrote:

I have the same problem. I trie your solution, but it didn't work. Now what do I do?

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Are you getting the same exact error message?

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

My zip ode is 97405. What channel is NBCSN?
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation