Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unable to watch TV or on demand on android devices

New Poster

Unable to watch TV or on demand on android devices

so i downloaded the apps.  infinity tv and the other one.  and basically my tablet and my smart phone are fancy remotes?? When i pull up something to watch it says watch on TV and no other options. Which simply put means that it changes the channels on my tv to what ever I click on.  I was under the impression that i would be able to watch TV shows and/or movies on my Android phone or tablet?? I take it this is not true. I simple have a couple new remotes for my tv?

Official Employee

Re: Unable to watch TV or on demand on android devices

rshewm wrote:

so i downloaded the apps.  infinity tv and the other one.  and basically my tablet and my smart phone are fancy remotes?? When i pull up something to watch it says watch on TV and no other options. Which simply put means that it changes the channels on my tv to what ever I click on.  I was under the impression that i would be able to watch TV shows and/or movies on my Android phone or tablet?? I take it this is not true. I simple have a couple new remotes for my tv?

You can watch content on the XFINITY TV Player App.

The app you are referring to is the XFINITY TV App.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

ComcastJoe wrote:

You can watch content on the XFINITY TV Player App.

The app you are referring to is the XFINITY TV App.

Thanks,
Joe

What's the minimum android version requirement for the app to run? e.g, 2.2, 4.1, etc. And does it run on jellybean and icecream sandwich - both? It should state that info on the google play page, but it doesn't.

Official Employee

Anon194601 wrote:

What's the minimum android version requirement for the app to run? e.g, 2.2, 4.1, etc. And does it run on jellybean and icecream sandwich - both? It should state that info on the google play page, but it doesn't.

The information is on that page:

REQUIREMENTS:

• Internet connection (Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G)
• Android phone or tablet running Android 2.3 and higher.
• XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital Video service. You will also need a subscription to one or more eligible channels to play content.
• Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password.

Streaming video is not available internationally.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Why are the on demand shows that are available to view through the PC on your xfinity tv webpage  are not available on the player tv app for the android. (Example  any of the major networks CBS, NBS, FOX) Should not a subscriber have the save options to view the shows no matter which device is used.

Frequent Visitor

Because that's the way it is and why I use Hulu.plus for streaming. Xfinitity app, um, not good at all.

It doesn't update shows. HBO will have their shows available immediately if I could find a HBO app that works on my Nexus. Boardwalk Empire is on Sunday night. Is it available on the xfinitity.app? Nope. 

Official Employee

PegasusMD wrote:

Why are the on demand shows that are available to view through the PC on your xfinity tv webpage  are not available on the player tv app for the android. (Example  any of the major networks CBS, NBS, FOX) Should not a subscriber have the save options to view the shows no matter which device is used.

Some content we are allowed to show online that the content owners don't allow yet on mobile devices and tablets and vice versa.

Our content team is always working hard trying to aquire more content for all mediums.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Wait.

Do I have to pay extra $$ for Xfinity Player to stream everything I'm subscribed to? -- on top of what I pay monthly?

At Google Play, I see some reviews stating that it's really not free, that you have to pay $4.99 extra for "Streaming Pix" for the app to stream everything you're subscribed to. But, there's no definitive answer in the App overview. Is it true?

I already pay $200 a month to Comcast; including HBO, Encore, Starz, Showtime.. do I need to pay for Streaming Pix in order to fully view *all* the programming I'm already subscribed to?

Official Employee

Anon194601 wrote:

Do I need to pay for Streaming Pix in order to fully view *all* the programming I'm already subscribed to?

All the channels you subscribe to and work on your TV you will be able to watch on the XFINITY TV App. You will be able to watch HBO, Encore, Starz, and Showtime on the app.

Streampix is its own premium network offered by Xfinity. You do not need this to watch videos on the app but you will need to be a subscriber to watch Streampix content. Under Play Now click Networks > XFINITY Streampix to see all the content that is available.

Depending on what Triple Play package you subscribe to, you may have it included for no additional cost. If you don't, you can add it on for $4.99 a month.

Go here to learn more about it: 

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/about-xfinity-streampix/

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I have the Xfinity app for my Nexus 7 and wanted to watch live tv, specifically ESPN and was not able to.  It said could not play video, then told me to download the app, which I already have on my tablet.  Any ideas how I can get this to work?