Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unable to remotely record on DVR using Xfinity TV Remote app on Windows phone

New Poster

Unable to remotely record on DVR using Xfinity TV Remote app on Windows phone

Before Christmas I had an old Apple I4 with the Xfinity remote app and it worked fine to control my Comcast DVR box.  I got a new Nokia windows phone with the Xfinity App and it will not allow me to remotely record TV shows.  It recognizes my DVR and shows it on the tv, however the app does not allow selecting a program and recording it. Is there a fix for this?

New Poster

Re: Unable to remotely record on DVR using Xfinity TV Remote app on Windows phone

I also went to use the DVR features on my windows phone and nothing. Can't list the DVR, and if I go through tv listings there is no record button. I could swear this worked when I had WP8. But now that I have WP8.1 all I can do is change channels, this is an f'n joke with the thousands we pay Comcast, xfinity whoever they are this week. That they can't update this tv remote app!!
New Poster

Re: Unable to remotely record on DVR using Xfinity TV Remote app on Windows phone

The iPad Remote App does not work most of the time.  When I tap "Record an Episode" I get the error message, "Request Error:  An unknown error has occurrerd during this request."  Sometimes it will work after I have closed the app and reopened it, but not consistently.  Just now I was able to set one program to record, but on the second program, got the error message.

Frequent Visitor

I have this exact issue with my iPhone 5s. Has anyone got a fix?
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation