Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

'Unable to find listings' message

Contributor

'Unable to find listings' message

I was watching TV on the PC without problems until -oops- I changed the channel ... Instead of switching to the selected channel (yes, the listings showed initially) the screen went black and then the 'Unable to find listings' screen came up. I'm using the firefox browser. My attempts at 'first aid' were (aside from trying to outwait the problem for about 4 hours ...):

- empty cache,

- reboot browser, and

- reboot PC

all to no avail *sigh*

Anybody out there able to suggest a solution or a similar problem?

Big thanks for taking the time to comment ~ and all the best ...

New Poster

Re: 'Unable to find listings' message

SAME problem!! Different computers, same story.... so, not an OS problem.

12 hours and counting.

New Poster

I have the same problem.  Called into tech... no help.  Anyone figure out how to fix this.  24 hrs. and counting.

New Poster

Same problem.

New Poster

My channel listings have failed to load. I keep getting the following message:

"Unable to Find Listings

There was a problem retrieving the TV Listings. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Try Again"

I have cleared my cache & cookies, rebooted laptop, tried Chrome & Firefox browsers, sought help from @ComcastCares who "refreshed" my account multiple times. Nothing has fixed the problem & it's been 48 hours so far.

S O L U T I O N S ?

New Poster

same here tech said it was udt problem sent download 

still says same no tv

New Poster

Not sure if it's just a coincidence, but now it's working again after pulling up listings on the Stream TV app on my phone...

New Poster

Not sure if it's fixed for everyone but I went to this link & now the channels have loaded.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings

Contributor

Hi US_DIJ_Gov

Thanks so much for your suggestion and the enclosed link - I'm so glad to hear that it solved your streaming problem since it means there's hope yet.

Alas ~ the link did not work for me, it just got me to the 'Unable to find listings' screen faster ...

So with 48+ hour and counting I'm still kind-a locked out of TV streaming.

All the best your way an to all having the same or a similar problem ...

New Poster

im having the same problem 2 weeks now.  win 10 related ?  

New Poster

I've had the same issue.

I tried to contact tect support after I had cleared my cache, cookies, reloaded chrome, rebooting my laptop and they insisted it was a problem on my end. I told them flat out, it's obviously not my end since I did everything I could. I even opened Edge and checked it and got the same message.

It started for me Saturday night. I had come on to watch something and couldn't get the listings to load, I couldn't even look up the channel number or channel name. 

I can surprisingly watch stuff from the DVR and ondemand, but if I want to watch anything live, nope it's not happening. 

Screenshot (306).png
New Poster

hi it must have something to do with the stream tv phone app and the xfinity.com site .because i opened my stream tv app on my phone then opened the tv listing guide on xfinity.com and it worked . it cant be a fluke . thx for the idea . its working now

New Poster

after i opened my xfinity stream tv app on my phone and went to the listings on the app on my phone . then i went to xfinity.com on my latop went straight to the listing and it worked must be a bug between the app on the phone and xfinity.com site but now the listing guide is working fine for me now hope this  helps

New Poster

after i opened my xfinity stream tv app on my phone and went to the listings on the app on my phone . then i went to xfinity.com on my latop went straight to the listing and it worked must be a bug between the app on the phone and xfinity.com site but now the listing guide is working fine for me now hope this  helps

New Poster

Unable to Find Listings i want to throw something 4 techs 2 on phone no fix they tried to fix it. one guy seem to know

it was a problem with udt i guess thats a time issue dont know . i have always watched on my pc now i can only

watch on demand. 

New Poster

Re: 'Unable to find listings' message: SOLVED

Just to reiterate another poster (and thank him/her!): I had this poroblem for two weeks, could not access the streaming listings on two computers, rebooted the router, had half a dozen calls with comcast who were no help, UNTIL I opened the streaming app on my iphone, which worked, and which somehow fixed the streaming site on my computer(s), which work fine now...

Contributor

Re: 'Unable to find listings' message: SOLVED

Thank you MS19 and all the others who found and reported this fix! I dearly hope it will work for others as well.

Unfortunately, I don't have a phone with streaming capabilities and this approach, thus is not an option for me. Also, it seems a bit extreme to aquire such a phone to fix this bug ... Thus, this doesn't work for me either ... *sighs*

Any other suggestions or recommendations?

All the best to all out there struggeling with this ... this ... hm ... error?

New Poster

Thank you to those who posted the fix.  IT WORKS!!!!!  Login the xfinity app, go to show All Listings, IT LOADED!!!!   Then I reloaded my browser.... IT WORKED!!!!!!

THANKS AGAIN   Smiley Happy

Contributor

Congrats,  i3utane ~ I'm happy it worked for you!

I'm still waiting on a solution that works for me ... and it's driving me to distraction that Customer Services (to use the assigned name) apparently is trying to outwait me while I'm without TV streaming (which is my primary TV access) ...

How long to wait until changing services becomes the faster option?

Anyway, I'm glad at least some of you out there are back in business ...

Regular Visitor

Re: 'Unable to find listings' message while trying to watch Live TV on my computer

I am in Oregon. I got the same message.  I was told there is a "TV outage" and that it would be fixed by 8 am tomorrow morning (5/31/2017). The problem is not on my end; nothing wrong with my computer, my browser (Edge) or equipment. From chatting and speaking to  the very nice and polite support reps, it is a "UDT" problem, an  "updating" problem and/or a TV outage. I do not exactly know what those are. 

The three support reps I chatted or spoke to were very nice and really tried to help.

I can watch TV on my TV like usual, no problem.  But my account online shows there is a TV outage.

This has been a hassle and is frustrating.  I just really wish someone could tell me exactly what the problem is. What changed?  I have been happily watching TV over the internet for a year. What has changed that I can't do that now?

Last night, I was told it was a UDT problem (whatever that is) and to try again in an hour, which I did without success.  The two I chatted with online were very nice and went through all the usual things: clearing my browser memory(cache) several times and rebooting the modem several more times. One told me I needed to use Chrome to browse (they have told me that before) which I prefer not to do. 

New Poster

Re: 'Unable to find listings' message while trying to watch Live TV on my computer

changing browsers doesnt work, and i to do not have a phone.  i have a ticket # for the problem they told me i would get

a call back. that was yesterday morning nothing yet. still no tv.  built a gameing rig had tv on it 2 years, and now nothing.

except on demand. if its not fixed by tommorrow going to a box and new equipment.

New Poster

Same problem here in central New Jersey. Stopped working on Friday so I am 5 days in. Never had a problem before. On Demand streaming still works fine. I thought maybe Comcast changed their Flash requirements but that's not it. Called a couple times and get foreign operators who are hard to understand and no help. But a suggestion until they fix it. You can always go to the websites of the networks you want to watch and stream Live directly from there. Most networks like FX, AMC etc allow this if you enter your cable name and password.

Official Employee

tollawa wrote:

changing browsers doesnt work, and i to do not have a phone.  i have a ticket # for the problem they told me i would get

a call back. that was yesterday morning nothing yet. still no tv.  built a gameing rig had tv on it 2 years, and now nothing.

except on demand. if its not fixed by tommorrow going to a box and new equipment.

Sorry you're having trouble. I looked at your account and it appears that you have no "entitlements" for any of the linear/live tv channels. I'm not sure what would cause that but did a "refresh" on your account - but didn't seem to fix it, at least not right away.

If you can reach Tier 2 or 3 tech support, have them look at your account in "X-Ray" (an internal tool) and make sure you have all the proper codes on your account since something upstream isn't working properly.  The app hides channels to which you don't subscribe so that's why you see a blank grid.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I was having the same problem and it just started working just now.  

Contributor

Greetings ComcastDan, and welcome to the discussion,

since you've looked into tollawa's issue and mine is similar, if you could spare a minute, could you please check mine as well?

Greatl appreciated ...

New Poster

Just got home and mine started working again after being down for almost 6 days. Guess they're fixing it in their system.

New Poster

I have had the same problem on my PC for about three weeks.  Streaming live TV worked, then just stopped. When I called Comcast, they tried fixing it for an hour, then said it was on my end.  I tried the iphone xfinity go app fix last night, and it fixed my PC problem last night.  Everything worked perfectly.  Today, it's back to not working, and the Iphone app also isn't working.  Anyone else have it stop working again after the fix?

Contributor

Greetings to all, especially those like me still suffering with the problem ...

After browsing through some discussions of problems which appear to be similar it seems that a possible solution could be a 'UDB Refresh' - whatever that may be ...

... here's to still hoping this too shall pass ...

Contributor

Greetings, all!

... it is a time of miracles and wonders, indeed.

For no apparent reasons my TV streaming is working again. Fingers crossed for long lasting, problems-free enjoyment Smiley Happy

I hope that the same is true for all others who were troubled by the same problem and all the best your way~

New Poster

Mine is working again today.  Question for Comcast Employee:  Does this problem have to do with Windows 10?  Is it something Comcast is working on?  It is only happening on my newest computer.

New Poster

Mine stopped working again on 6-4.  I talked to Comcast Chat Support - I gave them the link to this forum.  They did a UDB refresh which fixed my listings and livestreaming TV for two days.  Now it's not working again.  I'm curious if we all have HP Windows 10 computers.  It's working on my iPad and iPhone.  Just the PC keeps going out.  It seems to be a Comcast problem since their fix worked for a couple days, but I'm looking for more info before I talk to Comcast again.  

Contributor

Hi CR14,

Thanks for your update although it's not a happy one.I'm sorry you're still having the problem.

My PC uses Windows 10, with firefox being the browser, but the problem I had at the turn of the month has not returned (yet) since  being solved apparently out of the blue ... However, I've adopted a routine to clear the cache 2 or 3 times a day ~ just in case it appeases the Gods of Streaming. I don't know if this helps but I'm having my fingers crossed and I'm wishing you all the best ~

New Poster

This is what I'm getting when I log in to watch live TV on my PC. Basically, the top portion with the channels is missing.