Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household

Regular Visitor

Unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household

I have just about had it with Comcast and there inept service techincians.  I am a new suscriber.  I gave up 9 years of Dishnetwork to try Comcast and their internet and TV service.  It has been a complete shambles since day one.

I received the self installation box two weeks ago and I have had issues from day one!  The issue I have right now that has me moments from going back to Dish is this cruddy MYDVR Manager not recognizing my "compatible" DVR.  I have been on the phone with tech support and have been "literally bounced back and forth between the Cable TV side and the internet side for days, both telling me it's the other guy's issue.

Once the ticket was created, I was told I would be contacted by tech support to resolve this issue.  I received a prerecorded message telling me to unpplug my DVR for 5 mnutes and plug it back in and that will correct the problem.  It's been 72 hours since I did that and I still cannot access my DVR functions from the internet.

I was told it is an account issue, why is this so hard to fix?

1.  This issue has been reported on this forum since 2011.

2.  I verified with Comcast that my Scientific Atlantic HD DVR is compatible and that the MYDVR function is active for my zip code.

3.  I have replaced the DVR once already and that doesn't fix it.

4.  Why is it so hard for "educated" engineers to fix a problem that they "know" has been in the system for YEARS!

5.  I can't even get accounting to credit me back the loss of service I have had to endure since getting this service installed.

6.  Why do the internet team and the Cable tv team pass off this issue to each other.  I was actually disconnected from the phone today when they switched me to the Cable TV department!!!!

I'm sick and tired of talking to customer service people who do not have a clue as to how to fix this!  I'm tired of being told to just unplug it for 5 minutes and it will fix itself...

What exactly has been the fix in the past from a techical standpoint? and why is my account set up incorrectly for this service to work?

Frustrated and ready to cancel!

Regular Contributor

Re: Unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household

I'm sorry to hear about this issue.  Can you please direct message me with the following information so I can try to help:

Comcast ID

Device

Device OS version

App version number (not sure if you were accessing via app or web)

Specific error message or screen shot of what you are seeing

Thanks,

Sharon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation