Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unable to Detect a Compatible DVR

New Poster

Unable to Detect a Compatible DVR

New to these boards but I just received two X1 DVR's.  I was having a UCID issue and a ticket was opened. The rep called me back (she was based in Denver) and tried a few things.  She finally sent an INIT hit to my boxes however they now no longer show up in my DVR Manager or my Xfinity TV app on my iphone/iPad/computer.  Will I have to open another ticket or is there a feature I can enable to get them synched?

Thanks!

Matt

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Unable to Detect a Compatible DVR

mattantetomaso wrote:

New to these boards but I just received two X1 DVR's.  I was having a UCID issue and a ticket was opened. The rep called me back (she was based in Denver) and tried a few things.  She finally sent an INIT hit to my boxes however they now no longer show up in my DVR Manager or my Xfinity TV app on my iphone/iPad/computer.  Will I have to open another ticket or is there a feature I can enable to get them synched?

Thanks!

Matt

It can take up to 48 hours for the boxes to fully sync. 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Thank you for your reply.  These boxes were installed over two weeks ago and the INIT was sent ever a week ago.  So thy definitely should have been synced by now.

Official Employee

mattantetomaso wrote:

Thank you for your reply.  These boxes were installed over two weeks ago and the INIT was sent ever a week ago.  So thy definitely should have been synced by now.

For X1 help, please call 1-877-896-8678 for further assistance.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Hello,

I have a similiar question.  I have a similar issue.  I received my new DVR about a couple of months ago, but was never able to use the remote DVR function.  Finally recently the online page finally said it was available in my area.  At first, I get the unable to detect a compatible DVR message, so I called and the tech said that they will reset it.  It worked for a few days after that, but now I find it really is hit or miss.  I would say 70% of time I would log in from my iPhone/iPad/Computer and it would give me the "unable to detect" message.  And rest of the time it would work.. Any idea how or why that is happening?

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation