Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unable to Activate HBO Go for Xfinity Internet

New Poster

Unable to Activate HBO Go for Xfinity Internet

This week when I tried to view a program on HBO Go, I got an activation code on the Samsung Smart TV.  When I attempted to activate HBO Go on the Comcast site, I  got a page with the message "Sorry, there was an error loading this page. Your account has not been charged."  I have been viewing HBO programs for five weeks on the Smart TV and this week I can not get into any HBO programs on any device, labtop, desktop and televisions.  I emailed HBO GO and their agents said it was a problem caused by Comcast.  So far no account executive has been able to resolve the issue, I have spoken to 6 different people in the past three days.

Regular Contributor

Re: Unable to Activate HBO Go for Xfinity Internet

I'm sorry that you are having problems with your TV, but in general this forum is for people to discuss problems with watching Xfinity through their PC's or devices that use the Xfinity app i.e. iPad's etc. You may have better luck trying your question in the general hardware and software forums: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/General-Hardware-and-Software/bd-p/20 only since discussions here generally revolve around PC's / web browsers / or the Xfinity app.

- Norm

New Poster

I am unable to view on the PC which I why I placed the question in this forum.  I placed another question in the TV forum.  No one sent me a solution for TV or PC.

New Poster

Help Me Please........ I need to someone that has extensive knowledge about the product I was sold.  I am a NEW comcast customer and I have internet ONLY, HBO go and streampix.  I have been on the phone with Comcast customer support for the past two weeks and I am fustrated beyond words.  I am unable to access HBO go and everything that I want to watch on streampix says that I am not a subscriber!!!! What? Really?  The error message for HBOgo says that the page was unbable to load and I was not charge?  Being a small business owner I know how important even your smallest customer is. A happy customer is a repeat customer.   I have also read some of the blogs and it says that I need a box before I can access HBO online.  I appreciate any help I can get I'm desperate.

Regular Contributor

Hi Jojo:

The user Blackhat_Cuervo posted this in another thread:

I just got mine fixed today. After going from department to department, I was finally transferred to an awesome agent who immediatley understtod my problem. The Application department are the ones that deal with this issue.

Application Department Phone number: 8775991845

Give them your info as usual. Let them know that it states, "[Insert Network Here] is not a part of your subscriptions."

Then let them know you get the orange key that pretty much means it is locked for subscribers only. What they told me is to log out of my account. Then they would send a reset application signal which would take roughly 3-5 minutes to complete. They came back on the phone while on hold during that time and let me know i could now log back in and try it. I tried it and presto it worked.

This also affects shows you would try to access on your mobile devices such as Watch ESPN, Watch Disney, Watch Disney Junior etc...anything you would have to sign into you comcast account with your comcast id with.

Hope this helps. My theory is that I created by comcast account before services were established and tried to access the applications before then, limiting what I was able to view and was never updated once I established my HD preferred cable services.

This is probably what you need to do.

- Norm

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation