Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Ultra HD Sampler app (not working 7/27/16)

ANSWERED
Problem Solver

Ultra HD Sampler app (not working 7/27/16)

Someone just worked on this app in last two days. They added back 5 episodes of Outlander (season 1) We had all 8 episodes a month ago. I watched them all.

The app failed to work today. After clicking "watch" the episode chosen failed to load and start. The episode numbers  on Outlander are different than first time around: season 1, episode: 1,2, ... 8. May this different way of listing might have caused a problem. Maybe not. I could not get any of listed shows to load and work after clicking "watch". The app bombs right from trying "watch" on any show.

Accepted Solution

Re: Ultra HD Sampler app (not working 7/27/16)

Well I just go back home and checked the app again.

This time I noticed the version has now changed to: Release Version 2016_7_22 & jQuery Version: 2.0.3

The app worked this time but down-load icon took one to two minutes, or about twice as long as before. They may well have been working on the app when I tried to use it this afternoon. Problem taken care of. 

View answer in context
Problem Solver

One thing I just though of is: "What happens if someone is actually updating of fixing code on a app when some tries to use the app?"

Could this cause the type of problem I had?

I also have been along time member of another forum. Sometimes you could not connect if programmers,etc., might be working on it. Other times I might get on with others while the program would be failing and they were working on it. Any oldtimers here know what happens when an app is being worked on? 

Problem Solver

Well I just go back home and checked the app again.

This time I noticed the version has now changed to: Release Version 2016_7_22 & jQuery Version: 2.0.3

The app worked this time but down-load icon took one to two minutes, or about twice as long as before. They may well have been working on the app when I tried to use it this afternoon. Problem taken care of. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation