Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Two website programming problems

Frequent Visitor

Two website programming problems

I've used this website successfully for 2 years now--until the most recent update that is. An old problem still exists but now there's also a more difficult new problem:

1) NEW. My scheduled recordings are incomplete. Fortunately my series priorities are complete as is the DVR itself but why isn't the website list accurate? It makes it very difficult to program recordings remotely from my computer with any confidence. Does anyone know how I get the website to show all the scheduled recordings?

2) OLD. ABC and BBC America can only be saved in my settings as both regular TV and HD Favorites. Delete the regular TV Favorite and the HD Favorite is also deleted. Add the HD Favorite back in and the regular TV Favorite comes back with it. Why can't I just delete the regular TV favorite, save the settings and just be done with it? After all the time I've lived with this It's now become quite annoying.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Two website programming problems

FlaRob wrote:

I've used this website successfully for 2 years now--until the most recent update that is. An old problem still exists but now there's also a more difficult new problem:

1) NEW. My scheduled recordings are incomplete. Fortunately my series priorities are complete as is the DVR itself but why isn't the website list accurate? It makes it very difficult to program recordings remotely from my computer with any confidence. Does anyone know how I get the website to show all the scheduled recordings?

How much room do you have available on your DVR?

Are the programs not showing up in your online DVR manager recording still?

What specific programs are not showing up in your DVR Manager?

2) OLD. ABC and BBC America can only be saved in my settings as both regular TV and HD Favorites. Delete the regular TV Favorite and the HD Favorite is also deleted. Add the HD Favorite back in and the regular TV Favorite comes back with it. Why can't I just delete the regular TV favorite, save the settings and just be done with it? After all the time I've lived with this It's now become quite annoying.

Our favorites feature checks your favorites selections against the rest of the channel lineup, and adds other channels that have the same call signs to your favorites as well. We do this so that you can identify all of the channels, including HD channels, where you can watch your favorite shows.

Some lineups actually have network channels (including CBS, NBC, etc) on 3 - 4 different stations, which would make a favorites list look repetitive. Unfortunately right now, there's no way to "un-favorite" one without the other(s). We're working on making this feature more customizable in the future.

Thank you very much for the feedback, though, and we hope to have think fixed shortly.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply.

62% Full. Have been up to 87% with no problems.

Yes, programs not showing up on online DVR manager are recording.

Falling Skies (TNT 407) and Alphas (SyFy 427) series recordings do not show up on the online scheduled recordings but do appear on the DVR itself. Falling Skies isn't showing for the next 2 episodes, Alphas doesn't show this week but does show for next week. I've had problems with other programs but Falling Skies and Alphas are the current problem.

Official Employee

FlaRob wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

62% Full. Have been up to 87% with no problems.

Yes, programs not showing up on online DVR manager are recording.

Falling Skies (TNT 407) and Alphas (SyFy 427) series recordings do not show up on the online scheduled recordings but do appear on the DVR itself. Falling Skies isn't showing for the next 2 episodes, Alphas doesn't show this week but does show for next week. I've had problems with other programs but Falling Skies and Alphas are the current problem.

Try unplugging your box for a minute or so and then plug it back in.

I suggest you do this before you leave the house or before you go to bed. It takes some time for the grid to fully load and for the cable box to fully sync back up again.

After you have done this, please try again and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, Joe. Will do before I turn in tonight.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation