Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Tv Go app does not ĺist access to dvr

New Poster

Tv Go app does not ĺist access to dvr

I have downloaded xfinity TV remote app and successfully recorded programs using app.   I also downloaded xfinity TV Go app but do not have an option to view dvr recordings.  I would like to watch dvr recordings on Samsung tablet.   I just spent 1.5 hours on the phone with Comcast, spoke to 5 people, not resolved.   I started with billing but they did not confirm rate codes were properly loaded.  The last person said there was a note in the system that rate codes need to be corrected.

I don't feel like spending any more time on this on the phone.  I read this site first which is why I started with billing.  I think the person either didn't know how to change /correct or just didn't want to.

Can you help me?

Official Employee

Re: Tv Go app does not ĺist access to dvr

Bluecalvin wrote:

I have downloaded xfinity TV remote app and successfully recorded programs using app.   I also downloaded xfinity TV Go app but do not have an option to view dvr recordings.  I would like to watch dvr recordings on Samsung tablet.   I just spent 1.5 hours on the phone with Comcast, spoke to 5 people, not resolved.   I started with billing but they did not confirm rate codes were properly loaded.  The last person said there was a note in the system that rate codes need to be corrected.

I don't feel like spending any more time on this on the phone.  I read this site first which is why I started with billing.  I think the person either didn't know how to change /correct or just didn't want to.

Can you help me?

Couple of things

1. Xfinity TV Go will soon be decommissioned and you will need to use the Xfinity TV app

2. You don't have the proper equipment to view recordings. Swap your present legacy dvr ( you will lose all recordings and settings present) for an X1 DVR and ensure Cloud dvr rate codes are added to your account. From that point forward any new recordings will be available.

For more info

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Tv Go app does not ĺist access to dvr

Thank you.  I was able to get this issue resolved fairly quickly online yesterday after wasting time on the phone.

Its beyond disappointing that the original billing person I spoke with either didn't or couldn't check and simply tell me that my current service doesn't cover this AND that in order to get it, I would have to pay more $$$.  Additionally, another person I spoke to assured me that because I pay for a DVR I should be able to remotely view DVR recordings on a mobile device.

The "chat" line customer service person gave me the same info as you.  I'm not willing to apy ~ $10 to  $20 more per month to get X1.

I already pay enough enough every month.

Thanks for responding.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation