Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Trying to reset parental controls - keep getting error #E900

New Poster

Trying to reset parental controls - keep getting error #E900

I'm trying to reset my parental controls using the following instructions and keep getting an error message when clicking on the Settings tab: Sorry, something went wrong. We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later. (Error #E900)

I had set up parental controls originally but am not being asked for a PIN when watching restricted content on xfinity.com.  I've spoke and chatted repeatedly with Comcast with no resolution.  Help?

You can set restrictions with the app by doing the following;

1. Begin by accessing the web portal http://xfinity.com/profile on your computer, laptop or mobile device.
  2. Log in using your XFINITY username or email address and password.
  3. Click the Settings tab, which allows you to update your Parental Controls and TV app settings.
  4. To manage Parental Controls, click the Parental Controls link and use the Reset button to reset the Locks PIN and Purchase PIN for each device on your account.
  5. Choose to require a PIN when accessing the XFINITY My Account app and the Voicemail app by clicking the TV App Settings link and moving the slider next to each option left or right. The blue color indicates the setting is on, the gray color indicates the setting is off.
Official Employee

Re: Trying to reset parental controls - keep getting error #E900

venuskon wrote:

I'm trying to reset my parental controls using the following instructions and keep getting an error message when clicking on the Settings tab: Sorry, something went wrong. We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later. (Error #E900)

I had set up parental controls originally but am not being asked for a PIN when watching restricted content on xfinity.com.  I've spoke and chatted repeatedly with Comcast with no resolution.  Help?

You can set restrictions with the app by doing the following;

1. Begin by accessing the web portal http://xfinity.com/profile on your computer, laptop or mobile device.
  2. Log in using your XFINITY username or email address and password.
  3. Click the Settings tab, which allows you to update your Parental Controls and TV app settings.
  4. To manage Parental Controls, click the Parental Controls link and use the Reset button to reset the Locks PIN and Purchase PIN for each device on your account.
  5. Choose to require a PIN when accessing the XFINITY My Account app and the Voicemail app by clicking the TV App Settings link and moving the slider next to each option left or right. The blue color indicates the setting is on, the gray color indicates the setting is off.

To set up parental controls for the XFINITY TV portal sign into https://tv.xfinity.com with your primarily account username and password (same one you use to pay your bill).  Then, navigate to the "Settings" section (looks like a gear icon). From there, select "Parental Controls".   These are customized for each device so you'll want to enable/disable them based on who in your household has access to the device. 

If you are looking to set up Parental Controls for TV Everywhere partners apps and websites (such as HBOGo.com) you can access "My Account" from the top navigation bar and adjust those separately.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation