Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

True Blood error: Video Cannot be Played

New Poster

True Blood error: Video Cannot be Played

I'm trying to watch some back episodes of True Blood and I'm getting the following error on two different computers, and on several episodes I've tried.

Video Cannot be Played

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 4014)

Please check back soon

The computers are a Mac using Safari, and a PC using Firefox, both with latest Microsoft Silverlight updates. I've tried several episodes including season 2 episodes 11 and 12, and season 4 episode 8. All of the episodes give the above error.

I have an active subscription to HBO.

New Poster

Re: True Blood error: Video Cannot be Played

I'm getting the same problem.  HBO sub is good.  The site has been glitchy the last few days.  A couple days ago it was saying we need subscriptions when we already had it.  Now this error 4014.....  It is a cool feature VOD on this site but its annoying when it has so many issues so close together...

Official Employee

mbgold and tjlangley,

From roughly 8/17/2011 10:30 PM till about 8/18/2011 1:00 AM, XfinityTV.com was experiencing some network issues. Some customers were not able to watch videos on XfinityTV.com or on the Xfinity TV App. We are glad to say that this issue is now resolved.

Please try watching the videos again. If you are still having video problems, please let me know.

We are sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused and thank you for your feedback,

Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue.  Was able to watch on the 21st but yesterday and today can't watch again.  It may play a few seconds and then boots me out.  Tried on 3 different computers, rebooted and still no sucess. 

Official Employee

NumbersGirl wrote:

I'm having the same issue.  Was able to watch on the 21st but yesterday and today can't watch again.  It may play a few seconds and then boots me out.  Tried on 3 different computers, rebooted and still no sucess. 

NumbersGirl,

I am sorry that you are having video issues.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, what error(s) are you seeing when trying to watch a video?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Watching VOD online--keeps stopping show & restarting on its own

I've had this problem all evening, and also had it a couple of days ago.  I've recently started trying to catch up on some shows that are only available online on VOD (tonight, True Blood on HBO first season).  Tonight, no matter which show I watch, I am getting multple "shut downs". It will get to certain spots and then restart the whole show.  If I skip that particular section, almost like with a bad CD, it will carry on for awhile and then do it again.  Sometimes it returns an error message in mid-show, something to the effect of "this program is not available".  If I restart my computer it comes back for awhile and then stops.  Having just paid $250 for a month of Comcast services, I'm very frustrated that I can't even watch one show all the way through.  I havne't been able to find any solutions for the online method of watching VOD.  Thanks!

Chris

Cable Expert

Re: Watching VOD online--keeps stopping show & restarting on its own

Please share the error message or code.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Frequent Visitor

Usually I am not getting an error message.  It just stops and restarts every few minutes.  Sometimes when I do get an error message it's 525, but more often than not it just stops.  It was working fine on the same computers with no stops previously, but then the last 3 days it's started this on all 3 computers I've tried.

Cable Expert

I'm moving your post as this forum is for On Demand TV set top box issues only.  There is a different forum for online web issues.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

Re: Watching VOD online--Will not Play

I have not been able to play any video on the VOD when I select A Program to watch, True Blood, Weeds, Etc.  The Video works at other sites I clicked on the http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/computer and copied

My Device Information

My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Watchlist setup: Unknown Facebook Watchlist Syncing: false Facebook Connect: Unknown My public IP address: 64.105.211. My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 5.1 My web browser: Explorer 7 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; FunWebProducts; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729) My Move player version: Unknown My Silverlight version: 4.0.60531.0 My flash version: Unknown Javascript&colon; <script type="text/javascript"></script> enabled Cookies: Unknown

I was able to watch last week I do not know what changed - When I click on the show to watch it comes up a Silver screen where the video should be playing.   I can watch on other computers it has to be an issue with my computer and I have gone through all the settings.  Help would be appreciated.

Official Employee

kwaddington569,

When you said "it comes up a Silver screen where the video should be playing", did any message come up on the silverscreen?

Also, try using a different web browser like Firefox 3.6 (http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all-older.html) and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; FunWebProducts; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 20:59:09 UTC

Line: 76
Char: 329
Code: 0
URI: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/static/3551/js/compressed/video/top.js

Line: 262
Char: 4
URI: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Pretty-Little-Liars/106553/2112174040/Over-My-Dead-Body/videos?cmpid...

Line: 576
Char: 1
URI: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Pretty-Little-Liars/106553/2112174040/Over-My-Dead-Body/videos?cmpid...

Line: 627

Line: 829
Char: 6

New Poster

It is just Blank - All light Black and states done but with errors.  I can play videos on other Sites or on the home page of comcast.  It is something on my computer, I dont know what changed one day I was able to watch in the morning and the afternoon nothing  the errors are

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; FunWebProducts; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 21:02:25 UTC

Line: 76
Char: 329
URI: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/static/3551/js/compressed/video/top.js

Line: 262

Line: 576
Char: 1

Line: 627

Line: 829
Char: 6