Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Trouble with TV app - not eligible?

New Poster

Trouble with TV app - not eligible?

Hi, it shows "no eligible boxes" on my tv app...we have 2 Cisco DVRs. What is the issue?

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Trouble with TV app - not eligible?

the tv app is not avialble in the cisco market unless you are able to get the multiroom dvr set up in your area.  it states this clearly on the xfinity website which boxes are elibigle for control.

Official Employee

Akesner wrote:

Hi, it shows "no eligible boxes" on my tv app...we have 2 Cisco DVRs. What is the issue?

Can you please private message me your Comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Hi, 

i also see no eligible boxes in the DVR manager but it says the service is available in my area.  I have a Scientific Atlanta 8300 HDC box.  A few weeks ago I worked with a Comcast tech support person who sent an update to our DVR box but it didn't make a difference. 

Silver Problem Solver

thats right because it does not work with your cable box.  the message its available in your area is not really accurate.  

Here is a cut in from comcast website for you, your issue is in red. When you say comcast tech you mean the person on the phone right?  that is not a tech, that is a low level CS rep who probably has no training at all.  LInk to the below is here.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/requirements-for-dvr-manager/

To use DVR Manager, you need an XFINITY TV subscription with DVR service, a Comcast.net email address or Comcast User ID and a Comcast® DVR set top box.

Please note: Scientific Atlanta/Cisco DVR set top boxes (with the exception of the SA 8000 and SA 8000HD DVR set top boxes) are eligible to work with DVR Manager in several markets; Comcast is working to introduce DVR Manager to all markets in the near future. Access the DVR Manager activation site to get started. Once activation is complete, view online TV Listings to find and record programs.

New Poster

Any idea when it will be available?  It is very, very frustrating to see the ads and have mailers coming to our home telling us about the DVR manager.  The message that it's available in our area first appeared months ago, which only adds to the frustration. 

Official Employee

Lnm56 wrote:

Any idea when it will be available?  It is very, very frustrating to see the ads and have mailers coming to our home telling us about the DVR manager.  The message that it's available in our area first appeared months ago, which only adds to the frustration. 

DVR Manager is expected to be available to all of our Scientific-Atlanta and Cisco branded DVRs by the end of the year. 

We have already started the site by site activation (DVR Manager requires some additional new guide software and some infrastructure to be activated).

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I had been told to expect it by the end of October but now I will wait until the end of the year. 

New Poster

I was disappointed but unfortunately, not surprised that the DVR manager was still not made available to our SA by the end of year as promised.  What is the latest update please?

Thank you,

Ellen Murphy

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation