Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Trouble activating HBO Go on Xbox One/iPhone/Roku

New Poster

Trouble activating HBO Go on Xbox One/iPhone/Roku

I have been completely unable to activate HBO go on ANY of my devices through Xfinity. I go to the hbogo.com/activate website, enter the device, select Comcast Xfinity as the provider, it has me log in and then redirects me to http: //xfinity. comcast. net/instantly/ watch/ and gives this message:

"Good news! You already have HBO as part of your XFINITY subscription.Go forth and watch."

No redirect back to the HBO Go activation page to input my activation code. I've called Xfinity and Comcast support - ZERO help. I've scoured the web and can't find any solutions. Can any of you help?

New Poster

Re: Trouble activating HBO Go on Xbox One/iPhone/Roku

I'm having the same exact issue.  Any help out there?  Tried calling HBO but it's the weekend and their customer service is closed.  HELP!

New Poster

i have the same problem ... any resolution?

New Poster

Re: Trouble activating HBO Go Roku

"I have been completely unable to activate HBO go on ANY of my devices through Xfinity. I go to the hbogo.com/activate website, enter the device, select Comcast Xfinity as the provider, it has me log in and then redirects me to http: //xfinity. comcast. net/instantly/ watch/ and gives this message:"

I had a similiar problem when I had to replace my Roku device with a new one.  Spent hours on the phone with Comcast Chat, no help and support did not have a clue.  Here is how I solved it.

I went to the new Roku device which was displaying all of the previous channels I had for streaming and I removed the channel from the list (it can be done you just need to play around with it).  

Then when I went back to Streaming Channels on the Roku to select HBOgo it was gone, not allowing me to add it back.  However...there is a "Search for Channels" on the menu.  I selected it and typed in HBO.  Two items came up, one was HBOgo.  I selected it!   

Then the dreaded screen came up with the activation code. I went to my computer and followed the directions on the TV screen to go to www.hbogo.com/activate and enter the activation code.

This time it did come up with a box where I could enter the code.  It now works.

It appartenly was holding the settiings from my old Roku on this same TV.  No support person at Comcast will know this because it hasn't been scripted for them and of course they have never experienced the frustration.  

PS:  I am a retired IT person and understand the art of playing around until the problem is solved.  I do go thru support because usually they have been thru the problem before, but they are out of country and it's difficult to talk to them sometimes.

New Poster

I've been having the same problem, intermittently for several months.  I activated HBO Go on both my Xbox 360 anf Xbox One and all was well, but then it started telling me I need to activate (when I follow the process, I get a message from Xfinity that I've already activated it).  The activation loop never ends.  

A few moments ago, I tried getting this resolved through Comcast's live chat, but that was in no way helpful.  The agent that I was working with was polite but acted like this issue has never been heard of and tried to tell me there was something wrong with my equipment.  I might believe that if the same problem was only happening on one device, but it's not, it happens with my Xbox One AND Xbox 360.  Also, in attempting to research and solve this problem on my own, everything I've found suggested the problem is with Comcast, not Xbox, not Playstation, etc.

thanks for the "free" service that doesn't work. Smiley Sad No wonder the cable companies are on their way to going out of business.

Problem Solver

kthometz,

I see that you have spoken with our Representative regarding this issue. Are you still needing assistance?

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Yes, we are still in need of assistance. 

Regular Visitor

And of course, zero follow-up from Comcast.  Comcast, you are horrible. 

New Poster

I also had no success with support but I figured it out.   When you go to the hbogo.com/activate site it asks you what device and then what service.  When you click Xfinity, it takes you to your Xfinity account to log in.   I believe it sets a cookie.  Go back to the hbogo.com/activate site again, pick your device, and Xfinity and this time it should present you with the box to enter your code.    Now, there's one caveat here.   I also had been signed into tv.xfinity.com, so I don't know if it was being signed into that or the comcast website that set the cookie so you may have to try both.   Bottom-line, you need to be signed into your xfinity account, using the same browser, for the hbogo.com activation site to work.