New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Top Videos has Changed - Pelikia1951

ANSWERED
Customer Expert

Top Videos has Changed - Pelikia1951

Original post was by Pelikia1951 in Personal Web Pages part of forum with too much personal information included. That post was moved to a secure place. Its content (minus the personal information) is shown below:

When I got on my computer and pulled up infinitys page they have the top videos running across the middle of it which you could click on and it would go to it and on the left side of the screen there would be the picture of what tyou clicked on with all others following it in suceession that are listed. You would be able to click on it see what it is about and if you wanted to watch then proceed and if you didnt want to watch the commercial you could click on that and it would stop and you would go staright to the story  you wanted to see. and so forht on down the line of videos. Now when I get on and click it goes to a whole different page. You can't see what the stories are about, you can stop the commercials and you can't even enlarge the picture if you wasnt full screen. Whats going on. My hubands computer doesnt do this. It is still doing the same thing as a few others I know. I want to go back to the old way. At least then I can have more control over the time I watch what I really want to watch and not have to sit through everything. Can I get it back ? what's happen? Hey, my time is like valuable to me not saying that yours isnr but I have incurable luekemia and I would like to enjoy during what time I got left if you know what I mean, Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Pelikia 1951

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Accepted Solution

Re: Top Videos has Changed - Pelikia1951

This sounds like it might be an issue with the computer than it does the Comcast website. 

If the developers had made a change to the website, the change would have affected all computers and anyone who visits the page. But if it's only one particular computer, a browser update or some type of update on the computer could be causing the screen to display improperly.

View answer in context
Bronze Problem Solver

This sounds like it might be an issue with the computer than it does the Comcast website. 

If the developers had made a change to the website, the change would have affected all computers and anyone who visits the page. But if it's only one particular computer, a browser update or some type of update on the computer could be causing the screen to display improperly.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Hello, this happens to me when I click on the same thing.  It takes me to a page with a black background and the videos are listed horizontally and THE SAME AD plays before EVERY video and you can't click on the video you want to watch instead of going through all of the stupid ads.  This started happening a few weeks ago, then yesterday it went back to the old way of displaying the web page with a white background. (Which made me very happy) And then today, back to the black screen and the stupid endless commercials. I realize your sponsors pay a great deal of money to place their ads, but shouldn't we have the option to view them or not?  BTW, my browser is up-to-date so I know that's not what is causing the redirect page to look the way it does.  Also, why would it start showing the black page for videos to watch a few weeks ago, then yesterday go back to the regular way for the entire day, then start with the stupid black background web page again today?   Maybe this is a beta test and not everyone is having this happen to them.  Thank you for your time!

New Poster

I have a similar problem and Im not sure how to fix it. I get the new black background and the videos are horizontal. I even get a highlighted video showing me which one is playing. BUT there is NO video. None. Nothing. I don't see the viedos, the comercials, nothing. There isn't even a box or a screen to indicate where the video is supposed to be playing. Does anyone know how to fix this?

thanks!

New Poster

sounds like that MIGHT NOT qualify as a SOLUTION

New Poster

When I try to watch top videos first I get a commerical, then the video pops up with a play arrow in the center and when you click the play arrow you get either the same commerical over again or a different one.All you can watch are the commericals!