Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Today in Video does not load on my Mac Pro with MacOS 10.11.6 and Safari 10.0

Frequent Visitor

Today in Video does not load on my Mac Pro with MacOS 10.11.6 and Safari 10.0

I am no longer able to view news clips on the Xfinity home page.  The Today in Video page on my.xfinity.com does not load on my Mac Pro with MacOS 10.11.6 and Safari 10.0.  I have cleared the History, Cookies, and website data, multiple times and the videos still do not load.  I have Cookies and website data allowed, Javascript enabled, and Adobe Flash Player 23.0.0.185 (NPAPI) is installed and turned on.  There are not any ad blocker apps or plug-ins installed, and the Block pop-up windows preference has no affect when enabled or disabled.  What am I missing?  Is there another preference I must disable, or enable?  Is there another plug-in I need to install?  Do I need to install the Flash Player PPAPI plug-in?

P.S.  Please do not suggest installing another browser like Chrome or Firefox to see if they work.  I would like to have a solution for Safari.  This used to work.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Regular Visitor

Re: Today in Video does not load on my Mac Pro with MacOS 10.11.6 and Safari 10.0

I'm having the same problem. I contacted support and exhausted all that they could do to check things on my end. I have been escalated to another tech that is suppose to call me between 10am and 2pm. I think the problem is on their side, not my computer.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Today in Video does not load on my Mac Pro with MacOS 10.11.6 and Safari 10.0

MB110 wrote:

I'm having the same problem. I contacted support and exhausted all that they could do to check things on my end. I have been escalated to another tech that is suppose to call me between 10am and 2pm. I think the problem is on their side, not my computer.

Have you received a response/answer yet?  Please let me know the status of your issue.

Regular Visitor

Same problem. OS 10.11.6 Safari 10.0.3

Did anyone ever get a solution to this?

Frequent Visitor

No.  I have not received any response.  I even posted this problem to Tom Karinshak, Senior Vice President of Customer Experience at Comcast, and did not get a response.

Regular Visitor

No surprise AT ALL. The website 24/7 Wallstreet just released it's ranking of the most hated companies in America. Comcast took 1st place honors.

If there was a legitimate competitor out there, I'd drop comcast in a heartbeat.

Irony: The fact that I can watch videos on any website out there, with the exception of my ISP's site.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation