Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Time zone error back again

Silver Problem Solver

Time zone error back again

The time zone error message is back again on the TV listings web page. Of course there is no error, Comcast just thinks there is. Nice job again guys. You usually wait for daylight savings time, now it's just random.

Service Expert

Re: Time zone error back again

When that happens to me, I unplug the coax and the power and wait a minute and plug them back in.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

SMH!  Barbie is talking about the TV Listings web page (http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings), but I guess you missed that part in the post.  Unplugging the coax and power is not going to fix it.

RobertWy wrote:

When that happens to me, I unplug the coax and the power and wait a minute and plug them back in.

Silver Problem Solver

Yes it is the listings page. It keeps happening and has never been a user problem, always a Comcast problem.

Service Expert

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

SMH!  Barbie is talking about the TV Listings web page (http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings), but I guess you missed that part in the post.  Unplugging the coax and power is not going to fix it.

RobertWy wrote:

Forgot where I was in the forums.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

barbie123 wrote:

Yes it is the listings page. It keeps happening and has never been a user problem, always a Comcast problem.

I'm having this problem, too. I get "Your timezone is not the same as the listings you're viewing.
Change your computer clock to change the grid."

There is nothing wrong with the clock on my computer. And although they seem to be incorrect at times on the program listings, I am showing the correct listings currently.

And what's with the green "Solved! Go To Solution" bar??? That just brings me back to this thread.

Problem Solver

Has anyone heard what caused this anomaly this time?   I thought it was fixed a while back..

Barbie, could you remove the SOLVED check mark?   There's nothing to indicate that a solution was posted..

Thanks, ciao, bj

Silver Problem Solver

I did not mark it solved, and I cannot uncheck it.

Problem Solver

barbie123 wrote:

My apologies, barbie,    Smiley Sad   apparently the powers that be, indiscriminately go around marking threads as solved, when in fact they are not.  

Looks like we have little varmints going around "unsolving" threads.    Hmmmmm???

ciao, bj

EDITED to add this link to a thread from a while back:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website-Mobile-Apps/Your-timezone-is-not-the-same-as-the-lis...

Regular Contributor

BlueJay wrote:

barbie123 wrote:

My apologies, barbie,    Smiley Sad   apparently the powers that be, indiscriminately go around marking threads as solved, when in fact they are not.  

Looks like we have little varmints going around "unsolving" threads.    Hmmmmm???

ciao, bj

EDITED to add this link to a thread from a while back:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website-Mobile-Apps/Your-timezone-is-not-the-same-as-the-lis...

As of today, the little message about the time zone has disappeared.

Problem Solver

Thanks for that info, mrshvd3.   It's nice to see that it has been corrected for the time being, with absolutely no comments from comcast's teams, engineers, or anyone involved with this correction.

You'll notice I did not say solved.  IMHO, that would be determined by the person/persons responsible and an explanation of cause and correction implemented for the continued positive function of  Daylight Saving Time in the online tv guide.

It should be part of the Forum Guidelines.  

ciao, bj

Regular Contributor

BlueJay wrote:

Thanks for that info, mrshvd3.   It's nice to see that it has been corrected for the time being, with absolutely no comments from comcast's teams, engineers, or anyone involved with this correction.

You'll notice I did not say solved.  IMHO, that would be determined by the person/persons responsible and an explanation of cause and correction implemented for the continued positive function of  Daylight Saving Time in the online tv guide.

It should be part of the Forum Guidelines.  

ciao, bj

You're very welcome. Have a good holiday weekend.