Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Time of the TV shows on the schedule.

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Time of the TV shows on the schedule.

The Time at the top of the TV program view is 3 hrs off. I am in the east and the time it is 3 hrs off. How can the time be changed to use east time? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Time of the TV shows on the schedule.

@mzdk wrote:

The Time at the top of the TV program view is 3 hrs off. I am in the east and the time it is 3 hrs off. How can the time be changed to use east time? 

The time of the listings is based on the timezone of the zipcode of the account billing address. There's no way to change it.

View answer in context
Bronze Problem Solver

@mzdk wrote:

The time of the listings is based on the timezone of the zipcode of the account billing address. There's no way to change it.

Gold Problem Solver

@mzdk wrote: The Time at the top of the TV program view is 3 hrs off. ... it is 3 hrs off ...

Check your device time and time zone settings. If the time zone is off, the listing times will be off too.

Bronze Problem Solver

@BruceW wrote:

@mzdk wrote: The Time at the top of the TV program view is 3 hrs off. ... it is 3 hrs off ...

Check your device time and time zone settings. If the time zone is off, the listing times will be off too.

I've tried to adjust the listing page by changing system timezone and it didn't affect listings. Have you had it work?

Gold Problem Solver

@mvenanzi wrote: ... I've tried to adjust the listing page by changing system timezone and it didn't affect listings. Have you had it work?

Just tried it. On https://tv.xfinity.com/listings, with the time zone set to Eastern, the NBC program "Blindspot" shows as being on from 8-9pm. If I change the time zone to Pacific and reload the Listings page, the same program shows at 5-6pm. This is on Win 10 with Firefox.

Bronze Problem Solver

@BruceW wrote:

@mvenanzi wrote: ... I've tried to adjust the listing page by changing system timezone and it didn't affect listings. Have you had it work?

Just tried it. On https://tv.xfinity.com/listings, with the time zone set to Eastern, the NBC program "Blindspot" shows as being on from 8-9pm. If I change the time zone to Pacific and reload the Listings page, the same program shows at 5-6pm. This is on Win 10 with Firefox.

Ok, got it to change time. You have to close/reopen browser to get new timezone setting. Existing open browser maintains old timezone setting. Comcast rep told us bact when new site went active it was based on zipcode and couldn't be adjusted.

Regular Visitor

How do I change the time zone setting?

Bronze Problem Solver

@mzdk wrote:

How do I change the time zone setting?

Which operating system are you using?

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation