Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

ThisTV network listings on wrong on Comcast's TV list

Regular Visitor

ThisTV network listings on wrong on Comcast's TV list

Comcast listings for ThisTV network are incorrect. For example, it shows "Outer Limits" when "Patty Duke" or "Green Acres" is on. I've checked Comcast's listings against the ThisTV's schedule and they do not match at all.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: ThisTV network listings on wrong on Comcast's TV list

sundans wrote:

Comcast listings for ThisTV network are incorrect. For example, it shows "Outer Limits" when "Patty Duke" or "Green Acres" is on. I've checked Comcast's listings against the ThisTV's schedule and they do not match at all.

Please tell me your zip code, service area, and the channel number of ThisTV so I can further investigate this.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Comcast High Rock Digital

Channel 248

Official Employee

sundans wrote:

Comcast High Rock Digital

Channel 248

I just matched our listings with the ThisTV listings you listed above and they matched perfectly.

Do they look correct to you now? Were you looking at the listings on a weekend?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Yes it was a weekend.  Plus I set the DVR to record "Outer Limits"...it would show Outer Limits on the listings but the recording was Green Acres and Patty Duke.  So you think it was just some weekend programming glitch? Or perhaps Halloween special programming?

Official Employee

sundans wrote:

Yes it was a weekend.  Plus I set the DVR to record "Outer Limits"...it would show Outer Limits on the listings but the recording was Green Acres and Patty Duke.  So you think it was just some weekend programming glitch? Or perhaps Halloween special programming?

That is possible. Keep your eye out for this in the future and let me know if you see it again.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Gold Problem Solver

sundans wrote: ... I set the DVR to record "Outer Limits"...it would show Outer Limits on the listings but the recording was Green Acres and Patty Duke.  So you think it was just some weekend programming glitch? Or perhaps Halloween special programming?

I noticed that ThisTV suddenly stopped listing "The Outer Limits", so, using the Contact form on their website, I asked them why the program was no longer running. I just got their response today, and it answered another question as well:

As you know, most of our series are older programs.  Many of them are not closed captioned and the FCC gave us a grace period to get all programming 100% closed captioned and we are nearing the end of that grace period.

In order to comply with the FCC regulations for closed captioning, we had to switch out a few programs while we go through the process of closed captioning them.  The replacement programs are already closed captioned so they are allowing us to strategically get it all done in a reasonable amount of time.  Once our library is 100% in compliance, those programs will return to the schedule.

My other question was: how can they run shows that are not closed captioned? Apparently the answer is, you can only do it temporarily.

Regular Visitor

Wow thank you, that explains it! Hope they cc them quickly!  Green Acres and Patty Duke are not quite the same as Outer Limits!

Gold Problem Solver

sundans wrote: ... Green Acres and Patty Duke are not quite the same as Outer Limits!

Indeed!

I just saw that, according to http://thistv.com/schedule/sched/2013-05-04 "The Outer Limits" will return to ThisTV on Saturday May 4 at 7am.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation