Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

This video cannot be played. Sorry, this video is currently unavailable.

ANSWERED
Contributor

This video cannot be played. Sorry, this video is currently unavailable.

Ever since getting a new computer, I have almost never been able to watch anything online. I always get the error message "This video cannot be played. Sorry, this video is currently unavailable." It does not matter where I am, including at home using my Comcast Internet account.

I have been able to watch a couple episodes of "Charlies Angles" and one episode of "Body of Proof". I have been able to watch episodes of Ringer, but then I am redirected to the CW web site to watch those episodes. Shows I have not been able to watch include, but are not limited to, Blue Bloods, The Good Wife, any of the CSI shows, Nikita, etc.

Here is the information from http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/computer:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 17901 My Cable Provider: Comcast Pottsville Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 174.59.154.46 My operating system: Windows - rv:7.0.1 My web browser: Firefox 7 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.0 r1 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Re: This video cannot be played. Sorry, this video is currently unavailable.

I tried disabling the pop-up blocker and that did not work, but it got me thinking. I disabled Ad-Blocker Plus and tried viewing Unforgettable, another CBS show. Success.

One observation. The playback of the ads are not keeping up with the stream download, leading to stuttering ads. When the first ad came on, I thought I might have trouble with the actual episode, but so far no problems. I had noticed the ad stuttering on what shows I had been able to watch.

As the ad stuttering is not important to me, I consider this problem solved.

Thanx for your help.

View answer in context
Official Employee

pdgtg wrote:

Ever since getting a new computer, I have almost never been able to watch anything online. I always get the error message "This video cannot be played. Sorry, this video is currently unavailable." It does not matter where I am, including at home using my Comcast Internet account.

I have been able to watch a couple episodes of "Charlies Angles" and one episode of "Body of Proof". I have been able to watch episodes of Ringer, but then I am redirected to the CW web site to watch those episodes. Shows I have not been able to watch include, but are not limited to, Blue Bloods, The Good Wife, any of the CSI shows, Nikita, etc.

Here is the information from http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/computer:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 17901 My Cable Provider: Comcast Pottsville Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 174.59.154.46 My operating system: Windows - rv:7.0.1 My web browser: Firefox 7 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.0 r1 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

pdgtg,

It sounds like that it is mostly just CBS videos that are not working.

Try disabling any pop-up blocking add-ons in Firefox then try watching Blue Bloods again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

I tried disabling the pop-up blocker and that did not work, but it got me thinking. I disabled Ad-Blocker Plus and tried viewing Unforgettable, another CBS show. Success.

One observation. The playback of the ads are not keeping up with the stream download, leading to stuttering ads. When the first ad came on, I thought I might have trouble with the actual episode, but so far no problems. I had noticed the ad stuttering on what shows I had been able to watch.

As the ad stuttering is not important to me, I consider this problem solved.

Thanx for your help.

Contributor

I hit a snag. After a commercial break I got the "This video cannot be played. Sorry, this video is currently unavailable." error again. Pop-up Blocker and Ad-Blocker both still disabled. After a couple of page refreshes, I got a start over or resume screen. I clicked on Resume and playback started from the very beginning.

New Poster

where you able to watch true blood, cause I am still having this problem......?

any help for me pleaseeeeeeeee?????????

New Poster

I first got the "Unavailable" message in the middle of episode 1 of Dig.  Closed the window, tried different routes to the video, reopened web browser...finally, it came on, right where it stopped, without a hitch.  Now I am midway in episode 2 and the same thing is happening.  This time, however, I am unable to get it to play again.  How does something become unavailable while it is playing?  Now I see it has disappeared from the listings and none of my usual Thursday episode are listed either.  Today is Friday.  What's up?

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation