Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

This service is terrible.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 18

The overcharging here is ridiculous and Comcast should be ashamed.

Get things straight for a change.

17 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 18

sewadpm wrote:

The overcharging here is ridiculous and Comcast should be ashamed.

Get things straight for a change.

Is there anything specific I can help you with?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 18

This is helpful. [sarcasm]

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 4 of 18

The search engine doesn't work.

I followed a link to a film I wanted to watch on streaming. After logging in, I got bounced to a home page, instead of the page I was on, which is a user experience bug.

So I searched for the title, and go no results.

Follow the link again, and I'm back on the film's page, but there's still apparenly no way to stream it; there's no "play" button, for example.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 18

RakeshMalik wrote:

The search engine doesn't work.

I followed a link to a film I wanted to watch on streaming. After logging in, I got bounced to a home page, instead of the page I was on, which is a user experience bug.

So I searched for the title, and go no results.

Follow the link again, and I'm back on the film's page, but there's still apparenly no way to stream it; there's no "play" button, for example.

That's actually a feature, not a bug but I can understand how it is confusing. I'll explain.

The XFINITY Stream apps and portal only display the content to which you subscribe by default (we call this "free to me" content). The benefit is that everything you can navigate to via browse and search (browsing and searching within the tv.xfinity.com site, not Google) is available for you to watch. 

It sounds like you originally searched via Google or another search engine. Once you signed in, the movie was no longer discoverable on the website because you don't subscribe to the channel or network from which it is available. Google has no way to know to which networks you subscribe, they index the entire catalog. 

Appreciate the question. Please let me know if you have more.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 6 of 18

We have quite a few packages that we subscribe to on our account, this app is total garbage.  Comcast should seriously consider all the reviews written by upset customers on Google Play.  TV Go was a great app, feature rich and easy to use, plus it was reliable.  You could sort movies with finer grain, have a better synopsis, bookmark them, and watch them away from home.  This new app considers tablets non mobile devices.  I am going to consider cutting the cord and subscribing solely with Netflix and another service rather than put up with this broken app and broken service.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 7 of 18

PNWesterner wrote:

We have quite a few packages that we subscribe to on our account, this app is total garbage.  Comcast should seriously consider all the reviews written by upset customers on Google Play.  TV Go was a great app, feature rich and easy to use, plus it was reliable.  You could sort movies with finer grain, have a better synopsis, bookmark them, and watch them away from home.  This new app considers tablets non mobile devices.  I am going to consider cutting the cord and subscribing solely with Netflix and another service rather than put up with this broken app and broken service.

Hi PNWesterner,

I'm sorry you feel that way. Let me try to address some of your concerns:

XFINITY Stream is far more feature-rich than TV Go - perhaps to its detriment because some customers are having trouble acclimating to some of those features.

For example, TV Go had about 100 live TV stations you could watch anywhere in the USA.  XFINITY Stream has over 200 "TV Go" (anywhere channels) with actual TV listings so you know what's airing before clicking "Watch", plus it allows access to your full channel lineup and On Demand catalog while in the home (assuming you also subscribe to XFINITY Internet) In-home viewing over the XFINITY network also doesn't count against any data usage plans that may be in effect in your area - TV Go didn't offer that. If you've purchased any TV shows or movies, they are right there in the app - available for downloading or streaming.  TV Go didn't have that either and customers needed to use a separate "Purchases" app to access this content.

For X1 users, things get even better. Favorite channels sync across the Stream app, TV Remote and the X1 set-top box. TV Go didn't offer favorite channels.  X1 DVR users can stream and download their DVR recordings to watch anywhere - even when offline (there was no access to DVR content within the TV Go app). They can also set and manage DVR recordings without the need to use the separate XFINITY TV Remote app.

The Stream app only shows the content to which you subscribe (even linear channels are filtered). TV Go showed everything which often led to frustration and dead-ends.  The On Demand section of the app and website offer many ways to discover content - by day of week, by genre, you can even sort by Rotten Tomatoes ratings. 

I totally agree there are too many errors and the engineering teams are working hard to reduce those. They've made a lot of progress but much more to go. The foundational technology of XFINITY Stream is new, quite advanced and still experiencing growing pains. If you're experiencing a specific error, please let me know and I'll see if there is a known workaround or pass it on to the engineers to resolve.

Watchlist (AKA Bookmarks) will be added in a future release and will sync with the X1 set-top boxes so you don't need to set up lists on each device. This is a known gap and we've heard clearly that customer miss it. 

Tornado approaching?  XFINITY Stream will alert you with EAS (emergency alert system) just like on your TV. 

Have accessibility needs (blind or deaf)? XFINITY Stream offers full screen-reader support, advanced closed-captioning and Descriptive Video (where available). 

Spanish speaker? Set your device to Spanish and the entire user interface is automatically translated for you.

As for your tablet being considered a non-mobile device... please turn off screen mirroring (Google Cast or AirPlay).  Our contracts with programmers don't allow streaming to external displays (except on the website where HDMI and ChromeCast are supported because there's no practical way to prohibit). Believe me, we don't like this restriction either!

I hope this helps illuminate a few of the lesser known features of XFINITY Stream. The team is far from done - rolling out new features every 4-6 weeks, reducing bugs, and increasing speed & performance. 

Please keep the dialog going. I'm always happy to funnel feedback to our product and engineering teams. And, again, I appologize for any errors or rough edges. 

Best,

ComcastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 8 of 18

I don't use screen mirroring and I don't cast my device, so your assumption about my tablet is incorrect and unwarranted.

There are buffering problems, repeated login problems, and just plain failures with the new app that didn't happen with TV Go.

Furthermore, there are incomplete downloads of content for watch later.

I don't use a DVR, but users on Google Play are reporting many, many problems with the new app and their DVR.

I notice you didn't address the fact that you must use the app on your home system, the old TV Go app let you stream in airports and outside of the home.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 9 of 18

PNWesterner wrote:

I don't use screen mirroring and I don't cast my device, so your assumption about my tablet is incorrect and unwarranted.

There are buffering problems, repeated login problems, and just plain failures with the new app that didn't happen with TV Go.

Furthermore, there are incomplete downloads of content for watch later.

I don't use a DVR, but users on Google Play are reporting many, many problems with the new app and their DVR.

I notice you didn't address the fact that you must use the app on your home system, the old TV Go app let you stream in airports and outside of the home.

What type of device and operating system are you using? If screen mirroring is turned off and you aren't connected to an external display via HDMI, but you are still getting the error message about only being able to watch on a mobile device, then there is something wrong and I'd like to have the engineering team investigate. There's a possibility that mirroring is accidentally enabled in settings even if it isn't something you're actively using. The only time I've seen this error with screen mirroring disabled and no HDMI connection was from a user with a flip phone with dual screens. 

As for the needing to be on your home network, I did address that but sorry if I wasn't clear. There are now nearly twice as many live TV channels that can be watched outside the home (up to 200 depending on the channels to which you subscribe). There are also thousands of On Demand choices that can be watch from anywhere in the USA (that's in addition to the in-home content).  Simply click on the filter in "Live TV" or "On Demand" and select "Available out of home" to show the content you can watch anywhere in the USA.  You can even download select On Demand to watch when offline (or to save data when in transit). Select the "Available for download" option. 

Can you let me know what type of content is buffering, on what type of device, and what kind of network connection? If this is on a computer, can you try with a hardwired connection to rule out wifi issues in your home? Also, can you run a speed test to ensure you are getting the Internet speeds you were promised. Most buffering is due to network issues.

What type of login problems are you having? I can have someone investigate. You should only have to sign into the mobile apps once. On web, if you select the "Keep me signed in" checkbox and don't delete cookies, you should also stay signed in. Some users are having issues with Flash on web which can usually be solved by 1) making sure the browser and Flash are both 64bit versions and 2) making sure the browser has Flash set to "Always run". 

Regarding the DVR issues with truncated recordings, they are impacting customers in Detroit, Twin Cities, Chicago and Albuquerque. The engineering team is working hard to resolve and I truly apologize. 

Thanks for allowing me to address your concerns and provide help where I can.

Regards,

ComcastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 10 of 18
So....I updated the Xfinity app to the new Stream app and it worked great. Now all of a sudden it freezes on the live TV list and won't let me watch anything live. I have Uninstalled and re-installed three times and it keeps doing the same thing. What gives?
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 11 of 18

I used to use the old app to download watch shows from my DVR to watch on my iPad when traveling.  With the new app, only cloud shows can be downloaded to the app, which is very limiting.   Also, Shows will be downloaded, showing available for a few weeks, and disappear the net day.  Very frustration.  Are more extensive download capapbiliyies going to be added (ex.  Used to save a bunch of episodes of one show to download and watch.  Not possible with the "upgrade").  Any ideas on why shows disappear so quickly (much sooner than "date available to" implies)  Botton line, I liked the TV GO app better (before it was linked to cloud).  Thanks.

I copied this message to it's own thread as it really doesn't fit the heading.  Overall, I'm pleased with my service.  Just, some recent "upgrades" have really not been so for how I use the service.  

Posted by
Contributor

Message 12 of 18
EDIT: I realized my post wasn't on topic. Disregard.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 13 of 18

Great, another technical "glitch."  I am at home, I want to watch the NCAA tourney on my laptop - I could do that a few days ago using Google Chrome.  Now it doesn't want to work, Xfinity is demanding that I install the latest flash control.  WHAT?  Guess what, Firefox and Chrome no longer support flash because of security and stability problems.  Not to mention I didn't have this problem a couple of days ago.  Terrible, terrible, terrible service.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 14 of 18

PNWesterner wrote:

Great, another technical "glitch."  I am at home, I want to watch the NCAA tourney on my laptop - I could do that a few days ago using Google Chrome.  Now it doesn't want to work, Xfinity is demanding that I install the latest flash control.  WHAT?  Guess what, Firefox and Chrome no longer support flash because of security and stability problems.  Not to mention I didn't have this problem a couple of days ago.  Terrible, terrible, terrible service.

There is a new version of CHROME available and once installed, that Error Message will cease and you will be able to use your laptop.  In CHROME, go to HELP>>>>About Google Chrome for the update.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 15 of 18

jstm1 wrote:

I used to use the old app to download watch shows from my DVR to watch on my iPad when traveling.  With the new app, only cloud shows can be downloaded to the app, which is very limiting.   Also, Shows will be downloaded, showing available for a few weeks, and disappear the net day.  Very frustration.  Are more extensive download capapbiliyies going to be added (ex.  Used to save a bunch of episodes of one show to download and watch.  Not possible with the "upgrade").  Any ideas on why shows disappear so quickly (much sooner than "date available to" implies)  Botton line, I liked the TV GO app better (before it was linked to cloud).  Thanks.

I copied this message to it's own thread as it really doesn't fit the heading.  Overall, I'm pleased with my service.  Just, some recent "upgrades" have really not been so for how I use the service.  

There are thousands of shows and movies available for download (mostly from Starz and Showtime so depends on your subscription). Please go to the "On Demand" section of the app on iOS or Android, enable the "Available for download" filter. Select a show and click "More episodes" (TV) or "More info" (movies). From there, you can click "download".  We're working on ways to make this simpler and more discoverable and appreciate the feedback.

Cloud DVR recordings will remain on your device for up to 30 days unless deleted from your physical DVR. When something is "checked out" (ie downloaded) it isn't playable on other devices in your household. In Settings: Manage Devices it is possible for anyone with access to remove downloads from any device so you may want to speak with others who have access to your account if this is occurring without your permission.

Best,

ComcastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 16 of 18

I'll check the on demand downloads as you recommend.  Regarding the cloud DVR shows, I know things are supposed to be available for 30 days once downloaded, however that has not always been the case.  In one instance, my wife was halfway through a show she had downloaded 2 days earlier, paused for about 30 minutes, and the show was missing from the app when she returned.   There have been other times when shows would say they are available for a few weeks and would disappear from the downloads on the app in 2 or three days.  It is not consistent.  We are using iPad minis with ios.   Could there be a setting issue in app (or DVR) are are these some of the glitches that will get fixed over time?  Thanks.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 17 of 18

Here's my issue. I cannot get my live tv option to work.At least not on my laptop. It used to work, but it froze the show often. Now it no longer opens at all. It stays on the "Connecting to your entertainment experience" It works fine on my phone. I've updated Flash and all that but nothing. Asking Chat is pointless.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 18 of 18

error code 102100.5

watching TV on my home computer error code as above.

show stopped channel 984 grit show name Protective Custody.

please fix this as I get this all the time.