members

online now

discussions

This Video Cannot Be Played

New Poster

This video cannot be played

Sorry, The Walking Dead S5|E3 "Four Walls and a Roof" is currently unavailable

This is the message that I have been receiving this evening while attempting to view program.  It appears intermittingly.  Generally, if I go back one page and restart, and move forward to the approximate point where I lost my video, I can complete my viewing.  However, this is now annoying.  This is the first time that I have had this type of problem.  Is there something that can remedy this situation?

Rick

Frequent Visitor

Re: This Video Cannot Be Played

I got same except 1106:"

Sorry, Ben 10: Omniverse S6|E2 "And Then There Was Ben" is currently unavailable.

1106"

Restarted worked for me too, though did not have to adjust the playback timeline. Thanks for the tip.

Is annoying. Why I will not feed PC into an AV system. Have to go mute the audio, since the Comcast Hulu viewer insists on starting at 100% volume. Though have my external computer speakers and Windows volume set at combined 25%. Of course I have to see the same ads all over again. No skip policy for Comcast if just saw the ads on the timeline.

Mikey

Regular Contributor

There are a couple things you can try: Go directly to the HBO website and try and watch from there; send a private message to one of the official Comcast people and ask them to look into the problem for you; try and call the Application Department  at  877-599-1845 and see if this is something they can help you with.

- Norm

Contributor

I just started getting the 1106 error message, as well as one (110?) to refresh. So far, it appears via The Walking Dead and Dr. Who streaming.  I spent two hours on the phone yesterday talking to ten of the worst morons yet.  They kept transferring me to the wrong places.  It would have been funny if I wasn't paying for a service that doesn't work.

Previously,  I had to contend with repeating commercials, sometimes up to ten minutes.  I'd wager Comcast is getting a little more cash for that from the sponsors.  I am not a conspiracy enthusiest, but since the company has been causing so much grief for its customers for years, I would believe anything.

I am using Google Chrome with Vista, and there is no good reason why I should be having problems, other than Comcast is a monopoly that doesn't need to provide customer service.

I reloaded my Java and Silverlight, but it didn' fix.  

Contributor

Norm, do you get that this problem has been going on for years?   Do you see how far back the complaints go?  "Official Comcast people"?  Seriously.   I have spoken with the applcation morons.  They don't know anything other than what is on their script.  For example, the one with whom I spoke could only advise me to try a different browser, which I already had.  Really deep stuff.

I really wish that people who do not know exactly what they are writing about would not respond to these problems

Regular Contributor

C--m-c-s-needs:

I realize that some of these problems have been going on for years but I also know that in the last six months many of the problems that I'd been having which were mostly with advertisements have abated considerably. If you look at the thread for advertisement issues, the Comcast people have become much more responsive posting updates and responding to people who post there. But I know this from talking to some of them through private messages that they are a small group that's tasked with front-line response to a nationwide system and clearly Comcast is not devoting enough resources to the streaming service. It's not their fault that they are too few for the job that they are assigned with. Also being a small group they don't read every single thread in every single forum so it's possible none of them has read this thread.

As far as the customer service experience, again this is a conversation I had in a private message with one of the official Comcast people saying more or less exactly what you just complained about i.e. being transferred from person to person, customer service saying stuff like "Streaming service, whats that?" and he responded "As for the customer support quality, that I am running up the chain of command myself. Additionally, I'll start to keep a closer eye on it which may help illuminate a pattern. If we don't see progress over time I can see if there's a way to more directly contact the customer service organization. Thanks for bringing this up."

So I suggest that you send a private message to one of the Comcast People, I've found ComcastDaniel or ComcastMattF to be very helpful and they will respond if you ask them for help. I also suspect that if they get enough complaints about the phone customer service and they keep passing it up the chain, someone will eventually get the message.

My message here wasn't responding to you so I fail to see how being abrasive and implying that I don't know what I'm doing is helping anyone and taking out your frustrations with Comcast on me is not helping you or anyone. I can point you to any number of people who have posted, thanking me for my suggestions as they found them helpful or even marked my post as the solution. If you're having problems watching The Walking Dead then how is going directly to the AMC website and watching from there not a valid workround.

- Norm

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation