Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

This DVR does not support this feature

Contributor

This DVR does not support this feature

We have 2 comcast DVRs.  One can be managed using the DVR Manager feature, the other says "This DVR does not support this feature"  - does anyone know why?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: This DVR does not support this feature

what dvr's are they?  The app only works with motorola or pace boxes.

Contributor

It is a Motorola DCT3416 I

Official Employee

Vickig46 wrote:

It is a Motorola DCT3416 I

The only boxes we are seeing are the DCX3400M and the DCT6412.

Both are compatible and both should be working but we do not see a DCT3416 on your account. Did you recently swap boxes?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Silver Problem Solver

I would unplug that other box to reset it.  Also in the guide there is a section called remote set up.  Go there and see if its there.  If it is click ok and then delete it there.   Then go back to your pc and try to set it up again.   clilck on the tv tab top of this screen, and go to your profile and complete it there, you will see activate dvr manager there.   That should take care of it.

Contributor

It was installed several months ago by a Comcast technician.  And we are being charged for it.

Silver Problem Solver

thats probably why.  comcast does not recognize that box in their system you account needs to be updated.  There is no way anyone but them would know that. 

Contributor

Does not make sense - if we are being charged for it by Comcast, how can it not been in our account?

Silver Problem Solver

according to comcast joe comcast is not showing that box on your account, how your being charged for it is beyond me.   I would PM comcast Joe or call comcast to see what is up with your account.  you might also want to look into getting anyroom dvr so your not paying for 2 if you like.

Contributor

AH a whole different topic!  The reason we have two DVR's is that the anyroom DVR (and we do have one) will not "pause" in the second room.  Drove Hubby nuts when he could not pause a live program in the second room - so we had the second dvr installed in the second room - per Comcast the only solution????

Official Employee

So three boxes were named:

DCT3416 (the box that you have but DVR Manager is not working)

DCX3400M (a box your account is showing named Bedroom)

DCT6412 (a box your account is showing named Living Room)

Which two of these boxes do you have? Once I know what you have to match up against your account then I will be able to further investigate this issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Thanks for the reply Joe:

We have a DCX3400-M  which is in the bedroom and working just fine!

We have a DCT3416 I in the living room.  According to hubby, at some point in the recent past Comcast replaced the DCT6412 with the DCT3416 - but it sounds like our account was not updated (so the on line manager is not working).  We DO NOT have the DCT 6412 anymore.

Vicki

Official Employee

Vickig46 wrote:

Thanks for the reply Joe:

We have a DCX3400-M  which is in the bedroom and working just fine!

We have a DCT3416 I in the living room.  According to hubby, at some point in the recent past Comcast replaced the DCT6412 with the DCT3416 - but it sounds like our account was not updated (so the on line manager is not working).  We DO NOT have the DCT 6412 anymore.

Vicki

Our team is looking into this issue for you. I will update you when I know more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

ComcastJoe:

I received a call from someone at Comcast to talk about correcting the DVRs listed in our account.  So it should show that we have:

DCX3400 and DCT3416

however, the genteman that I spoke with said that I will have to upgrade the DCT3416 to get it to show in DVR Manager - but I thought that yesterday that Rog said that any Motorola DVR can be managed by the DVR Manager.  What am I not understanding?

Vicki

Official Employee

Vickig46 wrote:

ComcastJoe:

I received a call from someone at Comcast to talk about correcting the DVRs listed in our account.  So it should show that we have:

DCX3400 and DCT3416

however, the genteman that I spoke with said that I will have to upgrade the DCT3416 to get it to show in DVR Manager - but I thought that yesterday that Rog said that any Motorola DVR can be managed by the DVR Manager.  What am I not understanding?

Vicki

It is compatible. Our team is looking into why it is not working.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Thank you!!!!! 

Official Employee

Vickig46 wrote:

Thank you!!!!! 

Please try now and let me know if it is working.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Just tried it and it still does not work on the DVR in the living room ;-(   I tried logging out and then back in with the same results..

Official Employee

Vickig46 wrote:

Just tried it and it still does not work on the DVR in the living room ;-(   I tried logging out and then back in with the same results..

Try it again and let me know if it works now.

If not, where are you seeing the "This DVR does not support this feature" message at?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Stil no luck...I am "signing" in at

1.  http://xfinitytv.comcast.net

2.  clicking on the TV tab at the top

3.  clicking on the DVR link at the bottom left hand side of the screen

4.  DVR Manager comes up

5.  click on the "drop down" box mid left hand side of page under the heading "DVR Manager"

6.  The bedroon DVR shows all recorded shows

7.  If I select I select the Living room I can see the scheduled shows but if I select "My Recordings" for the living room - I get the "This DVR does not support his feature" message.

Contributor

Do we have any resolution to this problem yet?

Official Employee

Vickig46 wrote:

Do we have any resolution to this problem yet?

Can you please go to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/xtv/authkey/user?p=somelongvalue and copy and paste what appears on screen and post it here.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Here you go:

{"UnifiedVal":{"vodDac":{"dac":{"ChannelMap":{"controllerId":170,"mapId":88}},"timezone":{"timezone":"PACIFIC","observesDst":true},"cache":"HIT","vod":{"id":"10026"},"dacMapping":{"ncdsMapId":2288,"ncdsControllerId":2568}},"udf":{"cache":"HIT","account":{"rdvr":{"defaultDeviceID":"_ATT82z6QyqrClwtnjeA3Q","activation":{"status":"activated","updated":"Sat Sep 17 2011 08:32:33 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)"}},"rtune":{"defaultDeviceKey":"","activation":{"status":"activated","updated":"Mon, 12 Sep 2011 03:49:34 GMT"}}},"devices":[{"name":"Bedroom","capabilities":["DVR","HD","RT1"],"type":"guideworks","rdvr":{"muidEnabled":"false","registrationIssued":"false","syncUpFlag":"true","deviceKey":"QsUM1bwHTYsZaUTVvqZ5c523xkVbt_K1Hqgt_Wff4XQBxAD96X1qpKXXbXHNk7V-D9RZVUCGEF0e2GKaDjaQDt18Y1iu5Q55-YfJ-h-M44bTZsymTWnl_E88dNLgcEy08obbAVwk9QMTHSzPQk7mmpt-f7Gh53sJhDKHuxy6a-D_7J82D9dLSuO0yFO_l0aW.c.CIYx32Jl7kYXUCxphtXtnAnrAVSBnl7kzq7QsdmabVUe6Xt7wHbD1COXAkVqVK_bR6Ht4TR0sjoquxgyLlVxKw**.a.2","status":"REGISTERED","percentDiskSpaceUsed":"17","settings":{"repeating":{"saveUntil":"spaceNeeded","endOffset":"0","episodeType":"new","channelsToRecord":"false","priority":"bottom","episodesToKeep":"all","hd":1,"language":"en","startOffset":"0"}},"features":["stbInfo","episodeScheduling","seriesScheduling","completedRecordings"],"completedRecordingSupport":"true","mediationServerEndpoint":"http://flux-sjos.westchester.pa.bo.comcast.net:8080/flux/services/RSTBServiceIncr6","aggregateKey":"8155300290250349270710224818","initSyncUpFlag":"true"},"deviceId":"285DEdEOEjO83Mmd5DfgOg","rtune":{"deviceKey":"MFwXb1hdEIaFXgKRfkfImaQzcm8ZDvEImqK6nLHb7m1Bd-bOp4XOoJkfie070F_0.c.hxYEC17q3_wsC-ORyZXnwxB5K7NZj9aMcu8vfieeSpPz74V3RgOMVMHWPRmC5_TqxIFdih0B08QdxblPJVw7Yw**.a.2","features":["linearTune","vodTune","stbMessage"],"remoteTuneCapable":"true","activation":{"status":"activated","updated":"Thu, 29 Dec 2011 03:02:18 GMT"}}},{"name":"Living Room","capabilities":["DVR","HD","RT1"],"type":"guideworks","rdvr":{"muidEnabled":"false","registrationIssued":"false","syncUpFlag":"true","deviceKey":"IX5t1FIMGaKLu205eMBsip23xkVbt_K1Hqgt_Wff4XQ3s4CjwOtdB4BLdnMKxPhsUYBgO3s7OWkjRBlaHUuGtd18Y1iu5Q55-YfJ-h-M44bTZsymTWnl_E88dNLgcEy08obbAVwk9QMTHSzPQk7mmpt-f7Gh53sJhDKHuxy6a-D_7J82D9dLSuO0yFO_l0aW.c.KSV5GXCQuTcZTWR-fWKaRTxb7x8CdZy6dGlqywBMLrT5oFVuyLjP1e8uETmhrQID-p0fniRAhGnBZuq7iA9RAw**.a.2","status":"REGISTERED","percentDiskSpaceUsed":"18","settings":{"single":{"saveUntil":"spaceNeeded","endOffset":"0","override":"false","hd":1,"language":"en","startOffset":"0"},"repeating":{"saveUntil":"spaceNeeded","endOffset":"0","episodeType":"new","channelsToRecord":"true","priority":"bottom","episodesToKeep":"all","hd":1,"language":"en","startOffset":"0"}},"features":["stbInfo","episodeScheduling","seriesScheduling"],"completedRecordingSupport":"false","mediationServerEndpoint":"http://flux-sjos.westchester.pa.bo.comcast.net:8080/flux/services/RSTBServiceIncr6","aggregateKey":"8155300290250349270710224818","initSyncUpFlag":"true"},"deviceId":"_ATT82z6QyqrClwtnjeA3Q","rtune":{"deviceKey":"tFchOa4nF0XGh1InadbSSAcn_jNucExTRFptOQwzXI1Bd-bOp4XOoJkfie070F_0.c.DavvtG6iuiV-XRAhh_EvqzbBvszGP628kAodpGq_cP1gHObybNe6STvd006dPDl16lobek8blf53UFYFBHWQAA**.a.2","features":["linearTune","vodTune","stbMessage"],"remoteTuneCapable":"true","activation":{"status":"activated","updated":"Thu, 29 Dec 2011 03:02:18 GMT"}}}]},"eData":{"cache":"HIT","data":{"errorMessage":"","expiresSeconds":900,"timeStamp":1326480195285,"status":200,"edata":"bw=y&s=y&d=y&al=y&ci=y&bi=y&bj=y&bh=y&a=y&y=y&bq=y&bx=y&ce=y&bb=n&bc=n&cd=y&cf=y&by=y&bu=y&bs=y&g=n&ak=n&ab=n&cb=y&ch=y&ar=y&aw=y&e=n&aj=n&cg=y&bz=y&bm=y&bl=y&bv=y&b=y&u=y&bp=y&bk=n&br=y&c=y&bo=y&bt=y&k=n&i=n&j=n&cc=y&f=y&m=y&ca=n&ai=n&h=y&ad=y&bn=y","xedata":"gIhOyPxkZKDh3y9PiC94hFmz1K5ka6CeypnUS1wHYv%2Ff2vtxBWw072%2Fqx7CFLmjPQMCU3zQIyu5d%0ArDm7Fq%2BZz%2BkA92v1uDtZyDuC07f%2F1MRAjQV8O4cRdUcVrPAeCF8eBKi4qZHOde%2BlqDp1y%2BLJsCeZ%0At9HDbEZAB58Fq8YwjQoWnCLnzGpsdDZO2JHNmDOMqvrGmiogSeKw9X6kU%2BgE78gI3PYxmPIQ9bxA%0ADhkXea%2Fh55FKsd8j17o4zIHuv1La7bdZMtb1qL3aHOzoHhIb3hU9MkuMEuej16W6FKN8EgLDFw2L%0Axbn3kn3zR9qGoJbUXiPQBLNDuKMLX0M1HevTb4IAyGS%2BNysqaTy7oUml7mh1mAhyNLbpWYgbFDdw%0ACl3R9%2FN0tL8PFpo4bf2asaOXXyBV3kIG0VkISoDf%2BatDSWqkuuqbgEAqxROvoqVMO6FcMFLdcRrH%0AAEAieyWx%2FgEqD5oswhlFYeMFP3losGRkVfY%3D","tempPass":false}},"uisProfile":{"cache":"HIT","created":"Sun Sep 11 14:33:42 UTC 2011","lastUpdate":"Tue, 10 Jan 2012 13:25:28 UTC","onboarding":{"rtune_complete":true,"rtune_timestamp":1326201927918,"dvr_enabled":true,"watchlist_complete":true,"dvr_timestamp":1326201927910,"rtune_enabled":true,"dvr_complete":true,"favorites_complete":true}},"uisTvPrefs":{"rovi":{"timezone":"Pacific","zipCode":"94510","headend":"318282X","timezoneOffset":"-8","headendName":"Comcast Benicia Digital"},"useDac":{"timezone":"PACIFIC","value":false,"lastUpdated":"2011-09-11T14:48:24.642Z"},"favoriteChannels":{"sortOrder":1,"callSigns":["KRON"]},"cache":"HIT","lastUpdate":"Thu, 29 Dec 2011 15:02:20 UTC","deviceType":"guideworks","defaultDeviceID":"_ATT82z6QyqrClwtnjeA3Q","activation":{"status":"activated","updated":"Sat Sep 17 2011 08:32:33 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)"}}}}
Official Employee

Vickig46 wrote:

Here you go:

{"UnifiedVal":{"vodDac":{"dac":{"ChannelMap":{"controllerId":170,"mapId":88}},"timezone":{"timezone":"PACIFIC","observesDst":true},"cache":"HIT","vod":{"id":"10026"},"dacMapping":{"ncdsMapId":2288,"ncdsControllerId":2568}},"udf":{"cache":"HIT","account":{"rdvr":{"defaultDeviceID":"_ATT82z6QyqrClwtnjeA3Q","activation":{"status":"activated","updated":"Sat Sep 17 2011 08:32:33 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)"}},"rtune":{"defaultDeviceKey":"","activation":{"status":"activated","updated":"Mon, 12 Sep 2011 03:49:34 GMT"}}},"devices":[{"name":"Bedroom","capabilities":["DVR","HD","RT1"],"type":"guideworks","rdvr":{"muidEnabled":"false","registrationIssued":"false","syncUpFlag":"true","deviceKey":"QsUM1bwHTYsZaUTVvqZ5c523xkVbt_K1Hqgt_Wff4XQBxAD96X1qpKXXbXHNk7V-D9RZVUCGEF0e2GKaDjaQDt18Y1iu5Q55-YfJ-h-M44bTZsymTWnl_E88dNLgcEy08obbAVwk9QMTHSzPQk7mmpt-f7Gh53sJhDKHuxy6a-D_7J82D9dLSuO0yFO_l0aW.c.CIYx32Jl7kYXUCxphtXtnAnrAVSBnl7kzq7QsdmabVUe6Xt7wHbD1COXAkVqVK_bR6Ht4TR0sjoquxgyLlVxKw**.a.2","status":"REGISTERED","percentDiskSpaceUsed":"17","settings":{"repeating":{"saveUntil":"spaceNeeded","endOffset":"0","episodeType":"new","channelsToRecord":"false","priority":"bottom","episodesToKeep":"all","hd":1,"language":"en","startOffset":"0"}},"features":["stbInfo","episodeScheduling","seriesScheduling","completedRecordings"],"completedRecordingSupport":"true","mediationServerEndpoint":"http://flux-sjos.westchester.pa.bo.comcast.net:8080/flux/services/RSTBServiceIncr6","aggregateKey":"8155300290250349270710224818","initSyncUpFlag":"true"},"deviceId":"285DEdEOEjO83Mmd5DfgOg","rtune":{"deviceKey":"MFwXb1hdEIaFXgKRfkfImaQzcm8ZDvEImqK6nLHb7m1Bd-bOp4XOoJkfie070F_0.c.hxYEC17q3_wsC-ORyZXnwxB5K7NZj9aMcu8vfieeSpPz74V3RgOMVMHWPRmC5_TqxIFdih0B08QdxblPJVw7Yw**.a.2","features":["linearTune","vodTune","stbMessage"],"remoteTuneCapable":"true","activation":{"status":"activated","updated":"Thu, 29 Dec 2011 03:02:18 GMT"}}},{"name":"Living Room","capabilities":["DVR","HD","RT1"],"type":"guideworks","rdvr":{"muidEnabled":"false","registrationIssued":"false","syncUpFlag":"true","deviceKey":"IX5t1FIMGaKLu205eMBsip23xkVbt_K1Hqgt_Wff4XQ3s4CjwOtdB4BLdnMKxPhsUYBgO3s7OWkjRBlaHUuGtd18Y1iu5Q55-YfJ-h-M44bTZsymTWnl_E88dNLgcEy08obbAVwk9QMTHSzPQk7mmpt-f7Gh53sJhDKHuxy6a-D_7J82D9dLSuO0yFO_l0aW.c.KSV5GXCQuTcZTWR-fWKaRTxb7x8CdZy6dGlqywBMLrT5oFVuyLjP1e8uETmhrQID-p0fniRAhGnBZuq7iA9RAw**.a.2","status":"REGISTERED","percentDiskSpaceUsed":"18","settings":{"single":{"saveUntil":"spaceNeeded","endOffset":"0","override":"false","hd":1,"language":"en","startOffset":"0"},"repeating":{"saveUntil":"spaceNeeded","endOffset":"0","episodeType":"new","channelsToRecord":"true","priority":"bottom","episodesToKeep":"all","hd":1,"language":"en","startOffset":"0"}},"features":["stbInfo","episodeScheduling","seriesScheduling"],"completedRecordingSupport":"false","mediationServerEndpoint":"http://flux-sjos.westchester.pa.bo.comcast.net:8080/flux/services/RSTBServiceIncr6","aggregateKey":"8155300290250349270710224818","initSyncUpFlag":"true"},"deviceId":"_ATT82z6QyqrClwtnjeA3Q","rtune":{"deviceKey":"tFchOa4nF0XGh1InadbSSAcn_jNucExTRFptOQwzXI1Bd-bOp4XOoJkfie070F_0.c.DavvtG6iuiV-XRAhh_EvqzbBvszGP628kAodpGq_cP1gHObybNe6STvd006dPDl16lobek8blf53UFYFBHWQAA**.a.2","features":["linearTune","vodTune","stbMessage"],"remoteTuneCapable":"true","activation":{"status":"activated","updated":"Thu, 29 Dec 2011 03:02:18 GMT"}}}]},"eData":{"cache":"HIT","data":{"errorMessage":"","expiresSeconds":900,"timeStamp":1326480195285,"status":200,"edata":"bw=y&s=y&d=y&al=y&ci=y&bi=y&bj=y&bh=y&a=y&y=y&bq=y&bx=y&ce=y&bb=n&bc=n&cd=y&cf=y&by=y&bu=y&bs=y&g=n&ak=n&ab=n&cb=y&ch=y&ar=y&aw=y&e=n&aj=n&cg=y&bz=y&bm=y&bl=y&bv=y&b=y&u=y&bp=y&bk=n&br=y&c=y&bo=y&bt=y&k=n&i=n&j=n&cc=y&f=y&m=y&ca=n&ai=n&h=y&ad=y&bn=y","xedata":"gIhOyPxkZKDh3y9PiC94hFmz1K5ka6CeypnUS1wHYv%2Ff2vtxBWw072%2Fqx7CFLmjPQMCU3zQIyu5d%0ArDm7Fq%2BZz%2BkA92v1uDtZyDuC07f%2F1MRAjQV8O4cRdUcVrPAeCF8eBKi4qZHOde%2BlqDp1y%2BLJsCeZ%0At9HDbEZAB58Fq8YwjQoWnCLnzGpsdDZO2JHNmDOMqvrGmiogSeKw9X6kU%2BgE78gI3PYxmPIQ9bxA%0ADhkXea%2Fh55FKsd8j17o4zIHuv1La7bdZMtb1qL3aHOzoHhIb3hU9MkuMEuej16W6FKN8EgLDFw2L%0Axbn3kn3zR9qGoJbUXiPQBLNDuKMLX0M1HevTb4IAyGS%2BNysqaTy7oUml7mh1mAhyNLbpWYgbFDdw%0ACl3R9%2FN0tL8PFpo4bf2asaOXXyBV3kIG0VkISoDf%2BatDSWqkuuqbgEAqxROvoqVMO6FcMFLdcRrH%0AAEAieyWx%2FgEqD5oswhlFYeMFP3losGRkVfY%3D","tempPass":false}},"uisProfile":{"cache":"HIT","created":"Sun Sep 11 14:33:42 UTC 2011","lastUpdate":"Tue, 10 Jan 2012 13:25:28 UTC","onboarding":{"rtune_complete":true,"rtune_timestamp":1326201927918,"dvr_enabled":true,"watchlist_complete":true,"dvr_timestamp":1326201927910,"rtune_enabled":true,"dvr_complete":true,"favorites_complete":true}},"uisTvPrefs":{"rovi":{"timezone":"Pacific","zipCode":"94510","headend":"318282X","timezoneOffset":"-8","headendName":"Comcast Benicia Digital"},"useDac":{"timezone":"PACIFIC","value":false,"lastUpdated":"2011-09-11T14:48:24.642Z"},"favoriteChannels":{"sortOrder":1,"callSigns":["KRON"]},"cache":"HIT","lastUpdate":"Thu, 29 Dec 2011 15:02:20 UTC","deviceType":"guideworks","defaultDeviceID":"_ATT82z6QyqrClwtnjeA3Q","activation":{"status":"activated","updated":"Sat Sep 17 2011 08:32:33 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)"}}}}

Go here: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr?cimdebug=1.

Once you are here, click anywhere on the screen but the links. Once you do that, hold Shift and press the L key. Then copy what appears at the bottom of the page and paste it in this thread.

Just to be clear, is this the exact messaging that you are getting: "DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household"?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

App	Type	Message	Details
FC.mytv	info	[init] starting	DVR
CIM	info	RS NOT ENABLED	
CIM	info	User is NOT connected to FB	
FC.mytv	info	fb called: false

The exact wording of what I see is:

"This DVR does not support this feature"

This is when you go to DVR Manager and select the Living Room DVR and click on My Recordings.  The Bedroom DVR works just fine.

Vicki

Official Employee

Vickig46 wrote:
App	Type	Message	Details
FC.mytv	info	[init] starting	DVR
CIM	info	RS NOT ENABLED	
CIM	info	User is NOT connected to FB	
FC.mytv	info	fb called: false

The exact wording of what I see is:

"This DVR does not support this feature"

This is when you go to DVR Manager and select the Living Room DVR and click on My Recordings.  The Bedroom DVR works just fine.

Vicki

Thank you for being so cooperative and patient. Our team is using this information now to hopefully figure out this issue.

I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Ok so I just spent an hour and a half on the phone with comcast for that exact message (DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household) and was finally told (after being very very persistent) that my DVR model was not able to do this and this is why I was getting this message.  Am told I need an RNG DVR.

So Joe, is this correct?  And if yes, how do I get an RNG DVR????

The suggestion I got was to run around to the various Comcast office until I find one that has that box.  And oh yes, they can even provide phone numbers to the offices so I can check if they have one before I go.  Not this is not a joke.  That is basically what I was told.

Joe, since Comcast has a customer guarantee, I find that hard to believe that would be Comcast's solution so any help you could provide on verifying this really is the problem and how I get what I need would be appreciated. 

Until the, I am paying for a service that I can only partially use.

Thank you

Official Employee

FedUpWCom wrote:

Ok so I just spent an hour and a half on the phone with comcast for that exact message (DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household) and was finally told (after being very very persistent) that my DVR model was not able to do this and this is why I was getting this message.  Am told I need an RNG DVR.

So Joe, is this correct?  And if yes, how do I get an RNG DVR????

The suggestion I got was to run around to the various Comcast office until I find one that has that box.  And oh yes, they can even provide phone numbers to the offices so I can check if they have one before I go.  Not this is not a joke.  That is basically what I was told.

Joe, since Comcast has a customer guarantee, I find that hard to believe that would be Comcast's solution so any help you could provide on verifying this really is the problem and how I get what I need would be appreciated. 

Until the, I am paying for a service that I can only partially use.

Thank you

Can you please direct message me either your account number or the phone number on account so i can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

I did not send the last message, my last message to you was on 1/17 when you told me that you would have your team work on this and then get back to me.  The posting below was from FedUpWCom.  Do you have any news on my problem?

Vicki G

Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue with only one box showing on dvrmanger.  i have 2 of the same boxes but can only get one to show!!!

HELP PLS!!!

Official Employee

comingbacktocom wrote:

I am having the same issue with only one box showing on dvrmanger.  i have 2 of the same boxes but can only get one to show!!!

HELP PLS!!!

Your account is showing that you have a Motorola DCH3416 2-Way and a Motorola DCT3412 2-Way and that they are not compatible with DVR manager.

Are one of these working and one of these not working? If so, which one is working and which one is not?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

dct 3412 is not working as of right now..    but according to the front of the other one that is working that model is a DCT3416.....

thanks

Regular Visitor

Ok.... Both boxes are online however the box - DCT3412 has the tvcontrol working but the DCT 3416 does not have tvcontrol..... any reason why one might have it but not the other???? not a big deal but would like to have everything working right if possible. 

much happier now

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Contributor

Comcast Joe:

It appears this is more of a problem just my setup.  It has been about 6 weeks since this thread started.  I realize that you have your techs working on it, but can you give us an update as to the status.

Thanks,

Vicki

Contributor

Joe - any updates please?

Regular Visitor

I am beginning to learn that They don't care whether or not are boxes are working right just as long as we pay them....

I have been trying for weeks as well to get my 2nd dvr to work right and it doesn't..... All I get is a mere $10 credit. 

Oh well

Contributor

Hey a $10 credit is more than I have received, guess I need to make a call to customer service.

Frequent Visitor

I had the similar problem.  Identical boxes but DVR manager only works on one.  I can't even program shows online with one of 'em ..and the times I get to program online, the names of shows doesn't appear - just a bunch of blank spots where titles should be!!  I have to "guess" which DVR show I want to watch!!!  All for over $200/month!  

I completed 14 service calls!  2 visits to me home.  I had 4 visits to the Comcast office as they kept telling me my boxes were bad.  Got FIVE new boxes and still have same issue.  They checked inside cabling and it is fine.  I actually wired my TV and 2 cables boxes outside, directly off the pole, and had same issue.  Guess what?  The problem isn't in my house!!!!!  I told them dozens of times.  After both representative visits (6-7PM and they were both in a rush to go home), they said I was all set!!!!  Of course, once I dug in the next day to get down to the nitty gritty after both visits I realized nothing had changed. 

Ten bucks?  Wow?  That is 10 bucks more than me.  How does one acquire Comcast hush money?  lolol ..

Comcast customer training is all over the place, depending on location, etc.  There is no standard, hence 5 different answers when speaking with five different customer service reps.  The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.  That is what happens when a company gets TOO BIG TOO FAST.  Service fails. 

Fortuantely, I am moving very soon and cancelling this overprices garbage.  $200 bucks/month just isn't worth it for 2 HD boxes, ZERO premium channels and 25MB internet. 

I have been a customer since 1991, before Xfinity, Comcast, ATTbi.com and MediaOne.  I was a RoadRunner customer back then!  No longer.  Everything can be watched online for free, anyway, as more networks show their latest episodes after premier airing.  And my new 18.4 HD laptop is better quality than one of my HDTV's.  I never had Startz, Showtime and whatever else is out there and my bill is $204.12 month .. LOL .. joke was on me, I guess.  Time to go off the grid. 

Contributor

I am really disappointed that I never heard back from Comcast Joe or anyone else at Comcast.  I was so hopeful when this thread started, but since I have now asked twice for an update and no response I guess I was just being naive???

Official Employee

Vickig46 wrote:

I am really disappointed that I never heard back from Comcast Joe or anyone else at Comcast.  I was so hopeful when this thread started, but since I have now asked twice for an update and no response I guess I was just being naive???

I am sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. A ticket is still open for you and I am further looking into it.

I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Joe:

Thanks for the reply - I was afraid you quit and went to greener pastures ;-)

Vicki

Contributor

To Comcast Joe or anyone else working on this problem - I have swapped our 2 DVR's.  The problem DVR used to be the "Living Room" DVR, it is now the "Bedroom DVR"   I could not wait for any longer for thisproblem to be fixed so had to swap the two machines so that I could remotely control the one in the Living Room that we use more often.

Vicki Gallagher

Regular Contributor

My 3416 1 DVR will not show me My Recordings online. I can see my series recordings, my scheduled shows, but it says my recordings is not available with this DVR.

Is the correct? The black DCX3400 in another room has all the features of the Online DVR Manager including the My Recordings. 

Contributor

This is exactly the same problem I have had and supposedly they are working on it.  I started this thread several months ago with so far no resolution.

Vicki

Regular Contributor

Yes, but is it everyone with a 3416 I or just select people? I reset the box and the remote access setup in the menu and still have the same issue.
Contributor

My problem is with the 3416 - I don't know what the others with the problem have.  I am told it is supposed to work and that Comcast technical people are working on it....

Regular Contributor

I called the 800 number and they had no clue. Said the box health check was fine. 

Contributor

Yes, I know...I called the support line as well and they gave me conflicting info.  Comcast Joe seems to be the only one who has a clue and realizes there is a problem.  They have a trouble ticket open for me but it has been open a long time with no resolution.

Vicki

Regular Contributor

I would swap my 3416 I for a DX3400, but those DX3400s are very glitchy. 

It is a shame Comcast cannot fix a simple issue or at least admit one exists. 

Contributor

We have a DCX3400 in another room and it works just fine - what do you mean by glitchy?