Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

This Android Tablet is asking for Quicktime to plaly an audio?

ANSWERED
Contributor

This Android Tablet is asking for Quicktime to plaly an audio?

Last evening I was playing around with Comcast, new to me. I was at a sandwich shop, I called home and left a message. Then I opened the Xoom Tablet, used Chrome browser and signed into my account and there found that I had one phone message. Waahllaaa! So I played it. How exciting to this kiddish mind. So today on the SAME TABLET I tried to play the file and it's saying I need QUICKTIME???? Now who schnuuck into my tablet overnight and decided to change that?  So I can't seem to figure this. So I tried downloading VLC player and the same message still pops up to me ... NEED QUICKTIME! I hadn't changed it's mind. So what to do?  Is there someway on the tablet to tell quicktime requests to use VLC?  Is there some easy way to download Quicktime for android tablet? 

Thanks for any help.  Jack  ":-\

Accepted Solution

Re: This Android Tablet is asking for Quicktime to plaly an audio?

jackdashack wrote:

Last evening I was playing around with Comcast, new to me. I was at a sandwich shop, I called home and left a message. Then I opened the Xoom Tablet, used Chrome browser and signed into my account and there found that I had one phone message. Waahllaaa! So I played it. How exciting to this kiddish mind. So today on the SAME TABLET I tried to play the file and it's saying I need QUICKTIME???? Now who schnuuck into my tablet overnight and decided to change that?  So I can't seem to figure this. So I tried downloading VLC player and the same message still pops up to me ... NEED QUICKTIME! I hadn't changed it's mind. So what to do?  Is there someway on the tablet to tell quicktime requests to use VLC?  Is there some easy way to download Quicktime for android tablet? 

These features can all be done through the free XFINITY Apps. Click the link below to see all the XFINITY Apps for Android:

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=xfinity&c=apps

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Official Employee

jackdashack wrote:

These features can all be done through the free XFINITY Apps. Click the link below to see all the XFINITY Apps for Android:

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=xfinity&c=apps

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Joe: Which app would that be that gives you Comcast email and voice mail on a tablet without a browser? I would be very interested. I have one app called Xfinity TV. It worked great a couple of times and then quit working properly. When it gets to the screen that says something to the effect IS THIS THE LISTING you want?  ( there are listings showing in this small window as if it's poised to go to the large listing ) Then I click on it and the screen flashes and goes back to the Xoom start page. I am trying to get a handle on it in Xoom forums but no one has said anymore than "I am having that problem too."  So is it an Xfinity problem with Android tablets?

Okay .. the name of that app that runs comcast email and voice mail please! I am really appreciative of your advice.  Jack  ":-D

Contributor

I think you may be talking about Xfinity Connect above. I'll try that. Thanks Joe!  ";-D  jack

Official Employee

jackdashack wrote:

I think you may be talking about Xfinity Connect above. I'll try that. Thanks Joe!  ";-D  jack

Yes, that is the app for e-mail and voicemail.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

ComcastJoe wrote:

jackdashack wrote:

Yes, that is the app for e-mail and voicemail.

Thanks,
Joe

And when i try to install it says it's not for my xoom tablet?  Now why would they leave Xoom tablet out of the process?

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation