Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

The New "Xfinity For Yoy" - Very Confusing

Contributor

The New "Xfinity For Yoy" - Very Confusing

There is no one main page where you can make a Non-Programming selection, but only for how you can "select" programs. For instance, on my PC, I only want 4 or 5 specific channels everytime I sign on to the service. Instead I am given a For You selection from the total channels. There is an attempt to manage my viewing with categories whose validity has no authenication. There is one section that I sometimes get into that allows me to view a channel and that is stored in a menu at the bottom of the screen. I can setup that menu by quickly selecting my favored channels - Great. But, if I completely sign out and then sign in I am back at the same "managed" suggested channels. There is no main page, or even some big astrick that gives me a way to get to that really nice menu of stuff I WANT TO WATCH. While that menu is very good, and oddly without specific directions to it, it only allows you to add channels  but not individually delete them. You are forced to totally erase your personal lineup and reselect them should you wish to delete just one channel.

Also, another item is that the OLD online channel selection is now poorly maintained so that it does not list the current and upcoming programming accurately. I suspect this is yet another crude marketing attempt to get you to move to the new system, which for me, is quite flawed.

Problem Solver

Re: The New "Xfinity For Yoy" - Very Confusing

Yes, you found a lot of the shortcomings on the "new" Xfinity TV website.  My suggestion to you is to click the "FEEDBACK" link on the new website, and let Comcast know what you think should be improved.

Regular Contributor

I agree the new site is useless for how I use it. It doesn't do anything I need the site to do, but keeps popping up wanting me to try it now. I've tried it. It doesn't work.

Also agree with your assessemnet of the old site. TBD popping up more and more on the schedule. I am having to rely on network sites to see schedule. Of course you can't record TBD, so that part doesn't work well on either site. 

Regular Contributor

This is comical. Decided to use the Feedback link at your suggestion. One of the options on the survey on why I tried to use the site is, "DVR/My Saved Programs"

There is no option to manage a DVR or saved options on the new site that I can find. 

Xfinity seems to have fallen down the same rabbit hole as the rest of the world and beleives that everything we do, we do on a tablet. 

Problem Solver

DO you have X1? If so, do you have Cloud DVR enabled? The new site will allow you to manage your DVR, but it is for people who have X1 with Cloud DVR enabled.  The new site is like Comcast trying to stick a square peg in a round hole. It's not made for everyone, yet they keep pushing it to everyone.

dbvirago wrote:

This is comical. Decided to use the Feedback link at your suggestion. One of the options on the survey on why I tried to use the site is, "DVR/My Saved Programs"

There is no option to manage a DVR or saved options on the new site that I can find. 

Xfinity seems to have fallen down the same rabbit hole as the rest of the world and beleives that everything we do, we do on a tablet. 

Regular Contributor

The new interface has NEVER WORKED SINCE IT FIRST ROLLED OUT!  There are posts going back to 2012 on the net and a post in this forum that dates to 2014.  It generally gives you an error that says you are not connected to your home network even when you are connected to your home network.

Just check this post:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website-Mobile-Apps/Xfinity-X1-TV-app-is-showing-quot-Out-of...

The old interface is always behind in time.  Comcast is not capable of telling time at all.  Just check this post about Comcast's Dyscalculia:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website-Mobile-Apps/Comcast-Dyscalculia-Index-How-far-off-co...

(Dyscalculia is a learning disability that affects the ability to work with numbers and time.  There are a number of symptoms one of which according to Wikipedia is "Difficulty with conceptualizing time and judging the passing of time. May be chronically late or early")