Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Tennis Channel and Apple TV

New Poster

Tennis Channel and Apple TV

The tennis channel  just became available via Apple TV.  I have Apple TV.  Yet, when I wanted to watch The Tennis Channel I had to of course register and provide my cable provider.  COMAST WAS NOT LISTED!!!!  Are you kidding me?  Every mom and pop provoder is lister as well as Comcasts biggest rivals, AT&T, FIOS, HORIZON, etc etc...........

WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?  Another reason people really really get tired of Comcast real fast.

New Poster

Re: Tennis Channel and Apple TV

No One??

New Poster

What's up with Comcast not listed as a cable provider on AppleTVfor the Tennis Channel. Jeezy! Comcast needs to be more customer centric.
New Poster

Has anyone received a response? What is the tennis channel Apple tv code....?
New Poster

It's impossible that Comcast does not know about this and fixes it. We know that Comcast and Tennis channel have a lawsuit going about the extra charge we now pay for tennis channel but why no Apple TV??
Must we move to ROKU and AT&T for our cable.
Come on Comcast - get with the plot here
New Poster

Did not know about the lawsuit.  Now we know why.  Just like Comcast to hold its PAYING CUSTOMERS hostage.   I can't believe this stuff.  No wonder everyone drops Comcast immediately after their contract is up.

Why doesn't anyone from Comcast read these posts?   AND NOW I GET CENSORED BEFORE I CAN POST?  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

New Poster

Here is another reason why we can't get Tennis Channel Everywhere.  Not only is Comcast in suit with The Tennis Channel it appears they are also in legal fights with Apple.  Apple is planning launching its own streaming service and has the major players signed up except one......... NBC Universal owned by YOU KNOW WHO....... Comcast.  The following is taken from a Mac World Magazine article this morning...................

"NBCUniversal is reportedly not on board due to a feud between Apple and NBC parent company Comcast. The two companies were reportedly working together on a streaming video service last year, but Apple eventually felt that was being strung along by Comcast as the cable giant worked on its own TV overhaul, called Xfinity X1."

Guess if you love tennis, Comcast is telling us to SHOVE IT.

New Poster

If you have just have Apple TV and high speed Comcast Xfinity Internet, you cannot access  the Tennis Channel Everywhere app on Apple TV. Tennis Channel is only available through Comcast's sports package.  You CAN purchase Tennis Channel Plus for $80/yr but I discontinued it since I felt it wasn't giving me the Live Streaming experience I wanted.

For people in my situation (Apple TV and Internet only), I recommend the following:

1. Use the Watch ESPN app on Apple TV which offers occasional live viewing via ESPN3. (Anything ESPN/ESPN2 related will not work)

2. Use the same app to watch replays of current ATP/WTA tournaments

3. Use the websites of the Grand Slams to view their live feed. This includes coverage of some matches and a lot of commentary

4. Use Sling TV to get ESPN/ESPN2 and other popular channels