Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TV to go App won't download

New Poster

TV to go App won't download

For at least the past week, the TV to go, won't download. Chose the show, choose the quality, hit download and it immediately says paused. It never starts!  Occasionally you get an error code of 0. I've tried multiple shows, all have the exact same result. What gives?

Problem Solver

Re: TV to go App won't download

Hello Acfl,

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Listed below is the basic troubleshooting steps for the Xfinity "to go" app:

1. If you are having difficulty with your XFINITY to go app, first check if you are connected to your in-home XFINITY network.
    • The app requires a connection to your personal in-home XFINITY network to stream live TV and XFINITY On Demand content.
    • Connecting through an outside XFINITY WiFi Hotspot or Home Hotspot using the xfinitywifi SSID, or any other wireless connection (e.g., a nearby coffee shop) will only allow you to play back completed recordings, download content and schedule/modify recordings.
  2. Check to ensure that your device and system requirements are compatible with the app. See XFINITY TV App Requirements for current supported devices and system requirements.
  3. Update your device software (Android or iOS) and app version if needed.
  4. Close the app and open it again.
  5. Log out and log back in to the application.
  6. Turn the device on and off.
  7. Reinstall the app.
    Note: Deleting the app will also delete its data and will automatically check in any DVR downloads.

If you require additional assistance or have any questions or concerns, please let us know. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: TV to go App won't download

What kind of convulted advice is this?  There is no such thing as the "XFINITY to go app"!  There is either the Xfinity TV Go app or the Xfinity TV app.  You say in your post the "XFINITY to go app" allows you to play back completed recordings, but to me that sounds like you are talking about the Xfinity TV Go app, which DOES NOT allow you to play your recordings back.  Only the Xfinity TV app allows you to play back your recorded content.

I know this might be splitting hairs, but if Comcast personnel do not use the proper terms, how is the confused user going to know what they are talking about.

ComcastAshley wrote:

Hello Acfl,

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Listed below is the basic troubleshooting steps for the Xfinity "to go" app:

1. If you are having difficulty with your XFINITY to go app, first check if you are connected to your in-home XFINITY network.
    • The app requires a connection to your personal in-home XFINITY network to stream live TV and XFINITY On Demand content.
    • Connecting through an outside XFINITY WiFi Hotspot or Home Hotspot using the xfinitywifi SSID, or any other wireless connection (e.g., a nearby coffee shop) will only allow you to play back completed recordings, download content and schedule/modify recordings.
  2. Check to ensure that your device and system requirements are compatible with the app. See XFINITY TV App Requirements for current supported devices and system requirements.
  3. Update your device software (Android or iOS) and app version if needed.
  4. Close the app and open it again.
  5. Log out and log back in to the application.
  6. Turn the device on and off.
  7. Reinstall the app.
    Note: Deleting the app will also delete its data and will automatically check in any DVR downloads.

If you require additional assistance or have any questions or concerns, please let us know. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation