Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

TV remote app won't set recording iOS

New Poster

TV remote app won't set recording iOS

I'm currently running latest iOS on iPhone 6 Plus. I was able to set recordings through the app a few weeks ago now I'm unable to set recording of anything through the app. I'm able to change the channel and the test funtion shows the tv name on the screen. I've even tried doing it online through the website and it won't work either. Is there a bug going on?!

Accepted Solutions
Administrator

Re: TV remote app won't set recording iOS

**CURRENT AS OF 11/28/2017**

All,

Due to a legal ruling, for the foreseeable future we are removing the remote scheduling of DVR recording features. We apologize for the inconvenience, we are actively pursuing an appeal of the ruling.

If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it's available on XFINITY On Demand! We apologize again for the inconvenience.

All Replies
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem on my iPad. If I select a program from the listings all I'm given is a "WATCH" button. I used to get "RECORD" or "RECORD SERIES".

I've had two very frustrating support calls (in the Philippines), they lacked the English skills to understand the problem, or they just kept telling me to reload the software from Apps Store. (That didn't work !).

All the other functions of the App work fine. This is strange. 

Regular Contributor

Same thing is happening to me on my iPad.  Am talking specifically about the TV Remote app, latest version of app and iOS.  Worked perfectly until recently.  Have attempted a reinstall, logged out, etc., all to no avail.  After I tap record it attempts to sync for 20-30 seconds, then times-out and appears as a universal no symbol instead of a solid red circle.

Frequent Visitor

I too have gone down the "delete", "reload", "reboot" sequence you describe, but you seem to have got at least a button to hit to record from program listings.

i know I have synced to my DVR, because when I select it under the options, there is a "test" button. That pops up a message on my TV telling me it saw the request.

i also have an android tablet. Well, well, well, everything works there !

New Poster

I've tried everything I can think of also. I've deleted the app, reinstalled, rebooted both my phone and the DVR box to no avail. I also have an android tablet and I can set to record in the app but when I check the DVR it still isn't scheduled. I wish they would fix whatever is wrong with this app. It worked a few weeks ago for me also.
New Poster

I have the same exact problem. Remote app had been working fine, now it will only allow me to change channels but not record. I have called Comcast 4 times!!!, every time they tell me they are writing a ticket and escalating the problem to advanced tech support and someone will call me back. Needless to say, no one has called back after any of my calls, nor do I expect they ever will. So I am giving up trying to get the problem fixed through Comcast. Have you had any success in resolving the issue, and if so, please advise. Thanks.

New Poster

I solved this by going to Devices in the App itself where I always had 2 devices listed. Somehow the one checked there which always worked to record was changed over to the other device listed in that screen. I learned this by just trying deselecting first device and checking the other device. Then the recrd botton appeared as option and now works. Hope it works that way for all of you.
Administrator

**CURRENT AS OF 11/28/2017**

All,

Due to a legal ruling, for the foreseeable future we are removing the remote scheduling of DVR recording features. We apologize for the inconvenience, we are actively pursuing an appeal of the ruling.

If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it's available on XFINITY On Demand! We apologize again for the inconvenience.