New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TV listing error , Sorry, that didn't go as planned

Frequent Visitor

TV listing error , Sorry, that didn't go as planned

Spoiler

I have been getting the error messages listed below for a week now . I also see that several others have written about this same problem , but no one has responded . What gives Comcast ? We had a very similar problem last Christmas when the techs took off for holidays .

Sorry, that didn't go as planned.

We're working to fix this problem and hope to have it solved very soon. Please try back at a later time  .And - We could not find any service providers for that ZIP Code. Please try a different 5-digit U.S.Postal Code.,

Frequent Visitor

Re: TV listing error , Sorry, that didn't go as planned

Happening again this holiday season.  It started around Thanksgiving and between then and now, December 22, I've had it a half dozen times.  A couple of times, it's been very inconvenient.  Once, I was late getting out of the office and I couldn't record a game that was to start before I could get home.  Probably going to DirecTV in January, despite the early termination penalty.  It will be nice to have TV all around the house, HD and wirelessly, at that.  Love Xfinity high speed Internet, but X1, not so much.

Frequent Visitor

Christmas Eve 2014 and the same old "Sorry."  Obviously, this is not a big priority for Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

Yesterday ,about noon , I called and talked to a human customer service rep and we went over all of the usual suspects but she was unable to come up with a correction and said that she would write up a ticket on it and some one should be able to fix it in the next 72 hours  . Mine has now been out for a week now .

Frequent Visitor

Update . Sunday 12-28-14  Still not working . I called and talked to another tech and he said something about the problem was on the back end and there was nothing they could do about it but they would report it and it should be fixed shortly . Update  Wednesday 12-31-14.  Well I just spent another half hour speaking with another tech and we tried everthing she could think of and in the end she said she would report it and it should be fixed soon .  Yeah  , I wont be trying to hold my breath till it is .

Contributor

This is really something. It's been months now of unreliable TV listings on its website and no response from Comcast.

I wonder though if Comcast can continue to ignore the problem as long as people keep starting new threads about the issue instead of keeping one single complaint going that gets repeatedly brought back to the top & shows a lot of cumulative page views - indictating a lot of customers with the still-unsolved problem -  all in one place.

If there are fifteen+ topics going on scattered all over and a new one on the same issue started every few days or so, it not only looks like it's not as big of a problem as it is, it doesn''t look as old of an unsolved problem as it is.

New Poster

I have gotten the same:

Sorry, that didn't go as planned.

We're working to fix this problem and hope to have it solved very soon. Please try back at a later time. - for over a week off and on.  Not Christmas.  Called service rep. got a human in TV div (?).  Transfered me to the Web support. Lady there wanted to return me to TV again. I said no. It is a WWW problem. Asked for my 'security ' info... and then CUT ME OFF - hung up.  I always heard that Comcast had VERY POOR customer service. It does.

Regular Visitor

Same errors. Same lack of answers. Interestingly If I remote into another computer, work in this case, The grid works with my zip code entered. As does the ability to change chanels, at home, with my mouse. 

Comcast is not interested in fixing this problem in any kind of expiditious manner. Why? Because they've already got your money! Their code writers are all working on aps to get other devices user money. If it screws up existing services they don't care. Why? Because....................THEY"VE ALREADY GOT YOUR MONEY!