Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TV app says I need to be on home network when I am

Silver Problem Solver

TV app says I need to be on home network when I am

I saw the TV app was available to download on my Moto Razr M with android 4.1.something, but after loading it up it says I need to be on my home network, even though I am. Do I need a wireless gateway? I do only have a Arris 722 I think it is. I know it says I need cloud service, which I am pretty sure is ot available to me yet, but if that's the case, why doesn't it say that? I really wish developers would learn to code error message correctly.

Service Expert

Re: TV app says I need to be on home network when I am

John3758 wrote:

I saw the TV app was available to download on my Moto Razr M with android 4.1.something, but after loading it up it says I need to be on my home network, even though I am. Do I need a wireless gateway? I do only have a Arris 722 I think it is. I know it says I need cloud service, which I am pretty sure is ot available to me yet, but if that's the case, why doesn't it say that? I really wish developers would learn to code error message correctly.

Just to be clear [for me, anyway], you turned WiFi on on your phone?

The app description also says "NOT AVAILABLE IN ALL MARKETS", and then goes on to say it's intended "*ONLY* for X1 customers with cloud services installed in certain markets".  And then it goes on to say "All other customers can enjoy the XFINITY TV Go app, with thousands of streaming and downloadable choices.".

That description isn't very helpful, but is definitely confusing. 

I should add that I have a bad habit of forgetting to turn WiFi on on my phone, until the app reminds I'm not going to connect until I do.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Every time I attempt to activate the Xfinity TV app on my android devices I get the same error. It cannot find my home wifi. I am sitting 3 feet from it. Calling Comcast did no good. What are my options from here?? 

Is this service even active in NJ yet? I just got a mail piece from Comcast with step by step instructions but it still won't find my home wifi network. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it won't work.

HELP !!! ANYONE ???? BUEHLER ?????

Silver Problem Solver

Verizon just released an OTA update to my phone to make it 4.4.2 but still no change. I also tried on BlueStacks (android simulator) on my PC and it just sits at the "Checking for your home wifi network" screen forever and doesn't give any error. I checked Task Manager to see if it was using the network card, thinking it was just loading a ton of data and taking forever, but the network card is idle.

Yes I did triple check that I am on my wifi, I know I can forget too, I usually don't turn on wifi as I never even use 50% of my data plan with Verizon, but I did triple check. If I can remember I'll try on my Kindle Fire later.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation