New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TV Remote App - worked before, not now

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

TV Remote App - worked before, not now

Subject app on iPad (iOS 7.1) will not connect to my Pace X1 set top-box.  App did work after initial setup in November 2013 but ceased working after returning from a two month business trip with "no eligible TVs" in the upper left of the window.  Repeated remove/reinstalls via App Store has not changed the symptom.  Twice with live chat technician, a trip to my locals Comcast branch and a home visit from a technician have not helped either.  What I do see interesting, when looking at my account and the list of equipment, is the X1 box is grayed-out with a question mark through it.  That concern is further validated by installing the Xfinity TV X1 Remote (iPhone app) and Xfinity TV app and both report that I do not have an X1 set-top box. 

Accepted Solution

Re: TV Remote App - worked before, not now

Hi,

Can you direct message me with your Comcast ID, app version, steps to reproduce, and screenshot of the error you received?

Thanks,

Sharon

View answer in context
Regular Contributor

Hi,

Can you direct message me with your Comcast ID, app version, steps to reproduce, and screenshot of the error you received?

Thanks,

Sharon

Frequent Visitor

App finally got tied into my account and was cruising along with it, loving it, BUT then i checked how it would work for the tv in the other room, and apparently its an add on box, not the main, so now when i try to access the app it tells me it can't find the x1 box because is only looking in the other room.

I tried un-install and re-install still can't get it back, any suggestions?

Samsung light smart phone.

please and thank you

assistance will be appreciated and score you much kharma points.

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Weymouth24 ~ if you look at your account via the web is all your equipment listed and is any of it greyed out with a question mark through it?
Frequent Visitor

I can't seem to locate that page for some reason i did bounce around earlier looking for it, thinking the same thing, but no luck, i'll try some more....the X1 is still a bit buggy so i'm hoping it finds its way home, but i'll see i can find something more tangible from my end.

Regular Visitor

App not working say no eligible tvs
Please help
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation