Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TV Listings online

Frequent Visitor

TV Listings online

When trying to view TV Listings online, I see nothing but a gray bar containing the following:

com.sun.jersey.api.NotFoundException
undefined
Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: TV Listings online

New Poster

I have been getting the same message for the past couple of days

undefined

Frequent Visitor

Yes rog286713, that was the site. And it is working now.

Frequent Visitor

I'm glad it's working for you, but I've been getting the same error messages you reported since about 9:00 PM (PST) last night.

Official Employee

MrWrite wrote:

I'm glad it's working for you, but I've been getting the same error messages you reported since about 9:00 PM (PST) last night.

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

The problem turns out to be only with Crome... as is another problem I ran into: trying to page through the On Demand selections. In Crome, you can't get past the first page of selections, no matter if you click the "next" icon or a specific page number.

I have managed to get the TV listings to reappear in Crome, but only sporadically, by re-logging in and re-specifying my zip code and service area. Even then, the formatting is out of whack, with the table taking up only the left half of the screen, and the individual cells shrunk to half their vertical size, crowding and clipping off the contents, which are the same font size as they normally are.

I have issues with both IE and Firefox, and prefer to use Crome, which worked just fine until you corrected the one-hour offset that started occurring after the change from DST.

Michael Sutton

Official Employee

MrWrite wrote:

The problem turns out to be only with Crome... as is another problem I ran into: trying to page through the On Demand selections. In Crome, you can't get past the first page of selections, no matter if you click the "next" icon or a specific page number.

I have managed to get the TV listings to reappear in Crome, but only sporadically, by re-logging in and re-specifying my zip code and service area. Even then, the formatting is out of whack, with the table taking up only the left half of the screen, and the individual cells shrunk to half their vertical size, crowding and clipping off the contents, which are the same font size as they normally are.

I have issues with both IE and Firefox, and prefer to use Crome, which worked just fine until you corrected the one-hour offset that started occurring after the change from DST.

Michael Sutton

Make sure that your browser is set to its default zoom settings.

As for the On Demand page being stuck on page 1, thank you for the feedback. Our team is looking into this.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I am also getting this in firefox.

undefined

Official Employee

denise4080 wrote:
I am also getting this in firefox.

undefined

Try re-entering your zip code even if the correct one is shown. This should refresh your TV listings.

If this does not work, please try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Readjusting the zoom setting was indeed the solution.  I have no idea how that one page got zoomed out like that, as I hadn't messed with the settings for months. Anyway, it works fine now.

That "double error-message" problem persists, but re-entering the zip code corrects it, at least temporarily.

Frequent Visitor

New problem noted with Chrome

:

On the TV listings page, the time drop-down suddenly isn't working. The drop-down appears, and allows you to select a new start-time, but no matter what you select you stay at the same time. The ">" button works, but of course does not provide precise navigation of the schedule and becomes tiresome. (This is similar to my previously reported problem of being unable to advance past the first page of On Demand selections.)

New Poster

I put in the zipcode again and now it works! Thanks

Official Employee

MrWrite wrote:

New problem noted with Chrome

:

On the TV listings page, the time drop-down suddenly isn't working. The drop-down appears, and allows you to select a new start-time, but no matter what you select you stay at the same time. The ">" button works, but of course does not provide precise navigation of the schedule and becomes tiresome. (This is similar to my previously reported problem of being unable to advance past the first page of On Demand selections.)

We cannot duplicate this issue.

Try deleting your cookies and cache and then try again.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Made no difference.

HOWEVER... beginning a few hours ago, clicking a time in the drop-down DOES change the schedule... to begin at exactly 4 hours earlier than the time selected. (Sigh)

Keep in mind, this is with the Chrome browser. I don't use the other two, and haven't tried it out on them.

Official Employee

MrWrite wrote:

Made no difference.

HOWEVER... beginning a few hours ago, clicking a time in the drop-down DOES change the schedule... to begin at exactly 4 hours earlier than the time selected. (Sigh)

Keep in mind, this is with the Chrome browser. I don't use the other two, and haven't tried it out on them.

The dropdown is 4 hours off but are all the times in the grid correct or are they also 4 hours off?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

The schedule is 4 hours off as well.  You click the drop-down, choose a time, and both the drop-down time AND the schedule reset to 4 hours earlier than the chosen time.

To see a schedule that starts at 9:00 PM, you have to set the date to the following day,and click 1:00 AM

By the way, I also checked the On Demand listings in IE and Firefox. Everything works fine in those two browsers. It's only in Chrome that the pages do not advance past the first, Also in Chrome, the filters are unreliable (checking "free movies only" turns up movies for which there is a charge, e.g.)

Official Employee

MrWrite wrote:

The schedule is 4 hours off as well.  You click the drop-down, choose a time, and both the drop-down time AND the schedule reset to 4 hours earlier than the chosen time.

To see a schedule that starts at 9:00 PM, you have to set the date to the following day,and click 1:00 AM

By the way, I also checked the On Demand listings in IE and Firefox. Everything works fine in those two browsers. It's only in Chrome that the pages do not advance past the first, Also in Chrome, the filters are unreliable (checking "free movies only" turns up movies for which there is a charge, e.g.)

On our TV listings page, click on your zip code on top of the grid and re-enter it. Right next to the zip code, there is a dropdown list of Time Zones. Re-select your timezone from the dropdown menu even if the correct one has been selected and then click the "Submit" button.

Let me know the results.

We are aware that Chrome is the only browser with the On Demand advance issue but what about the free filter? When you put the free filter on, what paid movies are showing up?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

It took me a while to replicate the problem, but here's what I learned:

When the On Demand filtering feature is viewed/used in Chrome:

1. The first time "Free Only"-- or any other filter-- is checked, it doesn't "take." The screen refreshes, but the blue box indicating the filter is on does not appear, and in the case of "Free Only," the box at the bottom is not  checked.
  2. This may lead to the user not realizing the "Free Only" filter is not in effect, since absence of the blue box appearing would not signify necessarily that the filter wasn't in effect.
  3. Trying a second time usually causes the filter to go into effect--blue box, check and all.
  4. But even when the "Free Only" filter IS in effect, many items will appear that are free ONLY if a premium channel has been subscribed to, which amounts to a pre-paid fee. This is not made clear until the user "clicks through" to watch the item, leading to frustration if he is not a subscriber to the service in question..
  5. The X in the blue boxes allowing the user to deselect a filter will sometimes disappear.as more filters are added.
  6. The informational pop-up boxes, that appear when items are moused over, occasionally will function with all the items, sometimes only with the top 4 rows of items, and often on none of a page's items.

I have not tried any of this with other browsers, only Chrome, and there may be more anomalies I didn't detect. I hope you'll find this information helpful.

As it is, I keep an IE window open specifically to be able to search On Demand with full and predictable functionality. Otherwise, I wouldn't it. I sincerely hope you're able to correct the problems with Chrome, as it's currently the second-most popular browser in use today, after Firefox.

Official Employee

MrWrite wrote:

4.  But even when the "Free Only" filter IS in effect, many items will appear that are free ONLY if a premium channel has been subscribed to, which amounts to a pre-paid fee. This is not made clear until the user "clicks through" to watch the item, leading to frustration if he is not a subscriber to the service in question..

The Free filter vs. a not checked Free Filter on the On Demand page is that a "Not Free" movie is like the movie "Rio". You have to pay a onetime fee to rent it.

When you select "free only", that means movies like "Rio" will be hidden.

It does not refer to movies that require subscriptions, just one time fee movies that do not require any subscription at all

Our team is aware of this and is considering a change for a future release.

Thanks for your feedback,

Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I have been getting this error message for close to a month now so have been using TV Guides TV Listings:  

undefined

I really do prefer my xfinity listings though, so read in this forum to try opening my TV listings in IE instead of Chrome and got the same message.  I also tried re-entering my zip code and the first couple times I tried it, it wouldn't do anything, but then it did work the 3rd try.  

Official Employee

IAmCat wrote:

When trying to view TV Listings online, I see nothing but a gray bar containing the following:

undefined

Hi all,

We would like to further investigate this issue but we would like to collect more data from the users who are seeing this issue.

If you are seeing this issue, please follow the steps below so we can further look into what the cause is:

1) Log into your account

2) Go to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/vodservice/rest/tv/user

3) Copy everything that appears on-screen and send it to ComcastJoe in a private message or e-mail to info[at]xfinitytv[dot]com (please also include your Comcast log-in and include a link to this thread in your message)

I am blocking new replies from this thread because we do not want users to post this information in a public thread. If you have any issues, please create a new thread with your problem.

With this information, we will be able to pinpoint the root of this problem and fix it. We appreciate any feedback you can provide us.

Thank you,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.