members

online now

discussions

TV Listing Guide

Regular Visitor

TV Listing Guide

What is the problem with the TV Listing Guide???  I keep getting:

Let's try that again.

Please refresh the page to display your TV lineup.

Refresh Page                 

What is the point of having a TV Listing site if it doesn't work!!!

Problem Solver

Re: TV Listing Guide

And also having inaccurate information..   TNT at 8:00 & 9:00 pm  are both NEW SHOWS..  They show as normal programming.  

Regular Visitor

Having an inaccurate TV listing is BETTER than no listing.  I can't get a listing and since it it the Comcast website I am powerless.  It is not my computer, phone or cable that is the problem.

Problem Solver

Could you share some information about how you are getting to the TV page.  

Browser,  IE? Chrome? Firefox?  other?

Possibly attach a screenshot of the page?

I'm using chrome, and can link to the TV page from the Black banner on the top of this page.  

Regular Visitor

I use IE even though I have windows 10 operating system.Screenshot (2).png

Regular Contributor

Same issues here in Shreveport, LA. Been screwed up for weeks!

Windows 10 Pro 1511
Chrome Version 47.0.2526.106 m

HP Pavilion dv6 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz w/6gig RAM

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings

(results in)

Let's try that again.
Please refresh the page to display your TV lineup.

REFRESH PAGE

(being displayed in the grid area)

Speedy, AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed and "That fat, old, balding, grey-bearded gimpy guy"
Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League - CIO, Secretary & Treasurer
USN-DAV, NRA Life Member, LSA Member
I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `Nuff said.
Regular Visitor

I got a call from Comcast to see if the problem was resolved.  That is the first that ever happened!!  I logged in and checked it out and the web site is now working again.  Maybe these posts work better than automatic phone tree and talking to someone who doesn't seem to understand the problem???  Til next time...

Regular Contributor

Was just going to call Tech Support but befor doing so, because I KNEW they would ask me to do so, I powered down the DVR/Cable Box (pulled the power plug), waited 20 seconds and plugged it back in, let it power back up and boot up. I sat down, logged into the site, pulled up the TV listings and they were working! I wish I had checked them before I power-cycled the box!

Speedy, AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed and "That fat, old, balding, grey-bearded gimpy guy"
Regular Visitor

More than likely your powering down had nothing to do with the listing of the TV scvhedule on the comcast web site.  The DVR/cable box uses a lot of electricity (relatively speaking) so I shut down the cable box from the remote and then shut off the power surge suppressor connection to the cable box every night.  So I already do what you have done but I do it regularly.  The next day It takes several hours or more to get the full programing up on the cable box cable guide.  So you can't program too far ahead to save a program if you are going out.  You know when you reach that point as all the programing is listed in half hour chunks with the listing as "To be announced."  Comcast won't let you program the DVR to save a program even if you know when it will occur when you have "To be announced" on your cable guide.   

Contributor

Have not been able to view listings using Chrome for months.  Works on IE11.

Regular Contributor

I WAS able to clear my cache, reload and it would work... not today. IE works though. WTH?

Regular Contributor

Update: I set Adblock to not block ads/popups on the Comcast domain, cleared the cache again, killed and reopened Chrome and it was working again. Adblock was the only difference from what I tried earlier. I went back and re-enabled Adblock and the problem returned. "Sweet! I found the issue" I thought to myself. I set Adblock back to allow everything in the comcast domain, just as I had before, clear the cache, close all Chrome sessions and retry the page again... CARP! :-( I am NOT a happy camper! What the heck is up with this and Chrome?

Regular Contributor

"Fixed" again! Logged out of Comcast/Xfinity and back in and it worked. More experimentation to come...

Problem Solver

Hi herohog, I also have Adblock+ on both chrome and IE 11, Win 7 browsers.   I am able to view the tv guide and watch shows online.

I do not have Win 10 or the X1 platform.  My adblock version is 1.4. in IE, {in chrome V 1.9.4} I'm still showing the timezone alert. 

ciao, bj

edit adblock versions

Regular Contributor

Now it's dead on Chrome, IE 11 and Edge!

Problem Solver

Bummer Smiley Sad Smiley Sad --  

That's known as a big HAPPY NEW YEAR gift from comcast.   {sarcasm}  They've increased rates for internet service, tacked on other increases, and are overall increasing their revenues and decreasing our internet and tv experience.  

This just developed today-- I cannot access my DVR manager through xfinity tv.comcast net.    

Verizon is looking better and better.  

ciao, bj

Frequent Visitor

Having the same issue for over a month chatted with agent got no help was told it would be fixed by 4-9 still not.