New to the Community? Start here.
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but for me both my iPhone and iPad 3 XFinity apps suddenly refused to load the TV Listings, instead giving a "Experiencing problems, Data Unavailable" message. After wrestling with it for a bit, I discovered that my TV Listing lineup had changed to "DAC: 130_155" on the description. Go into settings on the app, put in your zip code, and select the correct lineup. After I did this my apps were working fine again.
Which is good, because the apps make for a very handy remote control and DVR scheduler.
This may or may not be your problem, but I thought I would share just in case.
I would love to know when Xfinity is going to fix the problem with having no available data what ever that means. it makes the app useless. It has been that way for a month now. You can't see any TV listings so you can't set up any recordings. Either do a new update and fix it or get rid of it all together!!! The whole point of the app is to be able to set up recordings when your not home. The other features are secondary! Fix it Fix it!!! You have had enough time to figure out what happened so get it done!!! Thanks
This is a user to user forum.
What makes you think that the problem is with the app and everyone is having the same issue? I can tell you first hand that I do not have any issue with the app on my iphone or ipad. So I think its time you look at your own set up and try to fix that.
clear cookies and cache
log out of the app and back in
make sure your zip is set correctly
uninstall the app restart your phone reinstall the app
make sure you are signed in with the primary users credentials
If none of that works it might be an issue with your account. How many devices do you have set on your account you can only have 3. Can you manage your dvr with your pc? It needs to work there before you can even think about doing it with your phone.
The xfinity tv app is not working on my iPhone either..it has been over 2 weeks now !!! Keep getting data unavailable..I have uninstalled rebooted, etc and still nothing !!!
Thanks for that simple fix to a frustrating problem. The Comcast techies were utterly Clueless and useless. What I want to know is how did it happen in the first place?
Thank you Greg! I was having the same problem. Comcast should have this in the FAQ. I am no longer suprised to see Comcast fail to deliver; yet, I still find it dissapointint.
Thank you again Greg.
The fix suggested by Greg worked to get the TV listings back for me, but I'm finding that when I tap any program, I'm not getting any content/show description/summary the way I used to before the tv listing data stopped working.
Anyone have ideas about why this and how to fix? Only halfway to a repair! Thanks
We live in Jacksonville also and just started having the problem yesterday. I tried the fix described here and it works fine again. Thanks
Ditto here. Same issue. Checked location setting and it showed DAC:118_30. Added zip code, and problem fixed.
Same issue on both iPad and iPhone.
Well is was working. I've removed the app from both of our iPhones. It is only on our iPads (mine and my wife's). It is working properly on my ipad but not hers. I've deleted the app from her ipad, updated the ios on her ipad, restarted it, downloaded and installed the xfinity app again. It was working after all of that on her ipad. But about two hours later, it stopped working on hers again. I've done what I knew to do on hers and it still isn't working. Thoughts?
phoenixwtc, you cannot have it on more than 3 devices. click the link below and see what 3 the app is authorized for.
The ZIPCODE fix is exactly correct.
Apparently Comcast changed how they designate the service in the database.
Of course, tech support was USELESS and wasted more than 30 min of my time, transferred me to 3 people and tried to sell me premium support services.
Big shoutout to Greg for posting this fix; worked for me. Silly me assumed that Comcast was actually experiencing a technical issue and was working on the issue, but "clueless" is again the case...
We were having a problem with the data service that supplies the app with TV listings, and have deployed a fix.
You should be able to switch back from a manual "zip code" based headend selection and let the app use the "recommended" DAC setting once again.
If you switch back and still have a problem getting listings, please post the details here and we will look into it.