Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TV Listing Data Unavailable Message on iOS App Fix

Frequent Visitor

TV Listing Data Unavailable Message on iOS App Fix

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but for me both my iPhone and iPad 3 XFinity apps suddenly refused to load the TV Listings, instead giving a "Experiencing problems, Data Unavailable" message. After wrestling with it for a bit, I discovered that my TV Listing lineup had changed to "DAC: 130_155" on the description. Go into settings on the app, put in your zip code, and select the correct lineup. After I did this my apps were working fine again.

Which is good, because the apps make for a very handy remote control and DVR scheduler.

This may or may not be your problem, but I thought I would share just in case.

Thanks,

greg

New Poster

Re: TV Listing Data Unavailable Message on iOS App Fix

Thanks Greg! I was having the exact problem here in Jacksonville, FL and I had been wrestling with it for several days. I guess it pays to not always believe error and trouble notifications. I would add to look for the setting under "more" within the app instead of the iPhone or iPad home settings.

Albert
Silver Problem Solver

many people are experiencing the same issue but have the correct system and zip settings this is something on comcasts end.

Frequent Visitor

Like Rog said, this may not be the solution to everyone's problem. But it is an easy thing to check.

Good Luck!

New Poster

I've been having this problem for several days and this worked.  Thanks so much!!!

New Poster

Pretty sure Comcast doesn't care, as long as we allow them to continue to extort money from us each month.

Contributor

Xfinity Mobile App for I Phones

I would love to know when Xfinity is going to fix the problem with having no available data what ever that means. it makes the app useless. It has been that way for a month now. You can't see any TV listings so you can't set up any recordings. Either do a new update and fix it or get rid of it all together!!! The whole point of the app is to be able to set up recordings when your not home. The other features are secondary!  Fix it Fix it!!!  You have had enough time to figure out what happened so get it done!!!  Thanks

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Mobile App for I Phones

This is a user to user forum.

What makes you think that the problem is with the app and everyone is having the same issue?  I can tell you first hand that I do not have any issue with the app on my iphone or ipad.  So I think its time you look at your own set up and try to fix that.

Try to:

clear cookies and cache

log out of the app and back in

make sure your zip is set correctly

uninstall the app restart your phone reinstall the app

make sure you are signed in with the primary users credentials

If none of that works it might be an issue with your account.   How many devices do you have set on your account you can only have 3.   Can you manage your dvr with your pc?  It needs to work there before you can even think about doing it with your phone.

New Poster

Thank you Greg!  Works like a charm now.

New Poster

Re: tv app and sports remote not working

The xfinity tv app is not working on my iPhone either..it has been over 2 weeks now !!! Keep getting data unavailable..I have uninstalled rebooted, etc and still nothing !!!

New Poster

Thanks for that simple fix to a frustrating problem.   The Comcast techies were utterly Clueless and useless.  What I want to know is how did it happen in the first place?

New Poster

Thank you so much..this fixed it.

New Poster

Thank you! I have been trying to figure this out for weeks. I appreciate you posting your solution it work for me.
New Poster

Thank you Greg! I was having the same problem.  Comcast should have this in the FAQ.  I am no longer suprised to see Comcast fail to deliver; yet, I still find it dissapointint.

Thank you again Greg.

New Poster

The fix suggested by Greg worked to get the TV listings back for me, but I'm finding that when I tap any program, I'm not getting any content/show description/summary the way I used to before the tv listing data stopped working.

Anyone have ideas about why this and how to fix?  Only halfway to a repair!  Thanks

Regular Visitor

Yep, my problem was mine changed to "Charles County Digital"

Thanks !

New Poster

We live in Jacksonville also and just started having the problem yesterday.  I tried the fix described here and it works fine again.  Thanks

New Poster

Ditto here.  Same issue.  Checked location setting and it showed DAC:118_30.  Added zip code, and problem fixed.

Same issue on both iPad and iPhone.

New Poster

Well is was working.  I've removed the app from both of our iPhones.  It is only on our iPads (mine and my wife's).  It is working properly on my ipad but not hers.  I've deleted the app from her ipad, updated the ios on her ipad, restarted it, downloaded and installed the xfinity app again.  It was working after all of that on her ipad.  But about two hours later, it stopped working on hers again.  I've done what I knew to do on hers and it still isn't working.  Thoughts?

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the fix!!

New Poster

I tried your advice and it worked!  Thanks!!

Silver Problem Solver

phoenixwtc, you cannot have it on more than 3 devices.   click the link below and see what 3 the app is authorized for.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings

New Poster

The ZIPCODE fix is exactly correct.

Apparently Comcast changed how they designate the service in the database. 

Of course, tech support was USELESS and wasted more than 30 min of my time, transferred me to 3 people and tried to sell me premium support services. 

New Poster

Greg, just wanted to say thanks!  I had been having this issue for weeks, and it was very frustrating!

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Greg.  The zip code setting worked for me.  

New Poster

Big shoutout to Greg for posting this fix; worked for me.  Silly me assumed that Comcast was actually experiencing a technical issue and was working on the issue, but "clueless" is again the case...

Frequent Visitor

We were having a problem with the data service that supplies the app with TV listings, and have deployed a fix.

You should be able to switch back from a manual "zip code" based headend selection and let the app use the "recommended" DAC setting once again.

If you switch back and still have a problem getting listings, please post the details here and we will look into it.

Contributor

Yo Greg! Your advice still works in Jacksonville in 2014. Thanks mucho!