Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TV LIstings are badly downgraded. Thanks a lot Comcast/Xfinity

New Poster

TV LIstings are badly downgraded. Thanks a lot Comcast/Xfinity

The basic ability to filter the listings to only show your Favorites is gone, so you have to scroll through all 800+ channels to find channels you are interested in. In addition, when you click on a show, there is no longer a button to click to set a recording so that the show will be recorded on your DVR. How could Comcast/Xfinity leave out such basic functionality?
New Poster

Re: TV LIstings are badly downgraded. Thanks a lot Comcast/Xfinity

Also, I don't see any way to access the online DVR manager as I could do before the "upgrade."
New Poster

I now see from other postings that it appears the ability to set a DVR recording from the TV listings is limited to those who subscribe to the X1 service. I do not, nor do many others. Why should we lose functionality? I have legitimate reasons for not wanting to switch to X1 and I should not be penalized for not switching by losing previously available functionality. The new design of the Website is being touted as an improvement, not as an improvement for X1 people and a downgrade for those without X1 service.
Regular Contributor

crisfield10 wrote:
I now see from other postings that it appears the ability to set a DVR recording from the TV listings is limited to those who subscribe to the X1 service. I do not, nor do many others. Why should we lose functionality? I have legitimate reasons for not wanting to switch to X1 and I should not be penalized for not switching by losing previously available functionality. The new design of the Website is being touted as an improvement, not as an improvement for X1 people and a downgrade for those without X1 service.

Believe me, it isn't an improvement for X1 people either. We can program our DVRs from the web site, but it is much more difficlut and time consuming.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation