Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TV GO AND TV MOBILE APPS

Frequent Visitor

TV GO AND TV MOBILE APPS

I have been trying to get support on why the "On Demand" TV episodes are weeks behind.  I can see from my DVR Manager that several episodes have aired since the last ones available in TV GO.  I can't watch my DVR right now, nor can I "go to a store" to get support!!!  Why do I need to go to a store for help with an "On-Line" app?  Why am I paying so much for this lousy service?

Problem Solver

Re: TV GO AND TV MOBILE APPS

Hello ihavealogin,

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. The content providers (owners of the programs) are the ones that determine which shows or episodes of a show are available. They also determine the duration- how long each program is made available On Demand. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Well I didn't think they magically appeared there! The question is WHY are they not making the latest episodes available? This is a service Comcast provides and advertises. And I pay Comcast for it - quite a lot - every month! So, if 'whoever' is responsible for the content is not doing what is advertised ("Catch up on the latest episodes...") then Comcast IS ultimately responsible. I don't pay "THEM," I pay COMCAST.

If you represent Comcast, your non-answer of "It's not there because 'they' didn't put it and it's not our fault" is pretty typical of the customer service I've come to expect... with an added measure of patronization.
Problem Solver

Hello ihavealogin,

I am sorry that you feel this way. While Comcast does provide access to the channels you enjoy watching, Comcast has no say or control of what the network chooses to air. You do have the option to voice your opinion by writing the network itself or going to the network’s website. Our content team is constantly working to bring you a wider selection of TV shows and movies. We add new content daily, but due to licensing agreements, we may not have every movie, show or episode available for viewing.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Wow.... what part of "the shows have already aired" is so difficult to understand? I'll try AGAIN...

PROGRAMS THAT HAVE BEEN ALREADY BEEN. SHOWN/AIRED/BROADCAST AT THEIR REGULARLY SCHEDULED TIMES ON THE NETWORKS ARE NOT AVAILABLE ON THE COMCAST APP.

THE COMCAST APP AVAILABILITY IS WEEKS BEHIND FOR MANY LISTINGS!

Perhaps someone SHOULD contact the networks or better yet your advertisers to let them know that the air time they THINK they got for their money is is a joke!
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation