online now

discussions

TOO MANY COMMERCIALS

Frequent Visitor

TOO MANY COMMERCIALS

TOO MANY COMERCIALS

Silver Problem Solver

Re: TOO MANY COMMERCIALS

Commercials come from the networks, not Comcast.

You will have to contact each network and let them know you are unhappy.

Frequent Visitor

Come from networks, when I am logged onto the internet and trying to watch CNN news on a computer. REALLY, REALLY how many networks are on the INTERNET TCP/IP CONNECTION I have going back to your digitally transmitted network????????

Silver Problem Solver

If you are watching CNN, internet or otherwise, that is a network. That is how they get paid for content.

Frequent Visitor

Watching a Television show or Movie on the internet has a commercial every 11 seconds.

barbie123 wrote:

If you are watching CNN, internet or otherwise, that is a network. That is how they get paid for content.

Silver Problem Solver

A commercial every 11 seconds, I have never seen that. The online content I see is a bunch of commercials, then about 10 minutes of show, a few commercials, then 10 or 15 minutes of show.

I agree, thats alot. But a commercial every 11 seconds, please post the link to that.

Regular Visitor

TV is out of control with commercials. It is not worth my time to watch 5 minutes of programming followed by 3-5 minutes of commercials. We pay Comcast to provide TV programming and we are forced to watch commercials endlessly. Comcast blames the networks but Comcast can reduce the number and duration of ads for their subscribers but they choose not to. I have had enough of corporate greed. Networks and Comcast are constantly pushing the envelope to increase ad time and decrease programming. I have significantly reduced the amount of tv I watch. My time is more valuable to me than to be tortured by endless commercials.

Silver Problem Solver

We DVR every show we watch, skip through the commercials. It takes 40 minutes to watch an hour show.

Frequent Visitor

CNN used to belong to Ted Turner and when is first on for almost 8 years, there were no commercials, in fact at certain times, like between 6am and 8am, they would just run the news. The advantage was you could flip to that 24 hour News channel in the morning and get the everything in 30 minutes. Cable is just out of control, it seems I keep paying over 200 a month for a whole lot of stuff I will never watch. A whole lot of the channels run even more commercials that the others.

IF I AM PAYING 200 dollars, I would like at Least 24 channels that I have no commercials.

The IDEA of cable was to get away from the commercials. I am tired of the constant bombardment from every angle.

Regular Contributor

We dropped Comcast TV as we got sick of commercials making up nearly 1/3 of every hour. As it stands now we pay $49.95/month for Comcast's Performance Starter and get great TV (with little to no commercials) as well as internet. Here's how we did it...

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/WE-WANT-NETFLIX-SUPER-HD/td-p/1691409

Comcast has locked down the conversation thread noted above so it cannot be updated. My most recent review of Comcast can be found by clicking the link below. If you find this updated review of Comcast helpful, please post a note in the comment section that follows it…

http://www.dslreports.com/comment/1579/87352

New Poster

Just trying to watch a 21 minute episode, I am currently at 89 commercials and more than 12 have run trying to find this post. I am already at nearly 100 commercials. It is now 12:47am. I started at 10:07pm trying to watch the episode.

Between crashing and commercial I have alreadey attempted to cancel my service. The oursourcing of jobs to the "I can't help but they sent you to me" offshore support has annoying sales people calling 10 times a day. The show just restarted and I am going to see how long it takes for the last 9 minutes to play.

New Poster

Disgusted! On Channel 1 where we can catch up on missed TV, Comcast intentionally BLOCKS fast forwarding which is pathetically annoying.  I read a response from barbie attempting to put the blame on the networks, and said we have to complain to each one individually... really?!?!?  Comcast is the one that sticks them in every 5 minutes! You must work for Comcast.  So explain this, why then does Comcast tie our hands by disabling Fast Forward and forces us to relentlessly watch the same moronic comercials looping over & over & OVER OVER OVER again, every few minutes. Pony up; Comcast is to blame. For the money they charge us, if they cared in the LEAST about viewers they'd at LEAST unblock the Fast Forward restriction so we can at LEAST skip through the barage of repetitive dribble jammed down our throats by those evil "Networks".